MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: People are saing my board is running slow ..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People are saing my board is running slow ..

is there away to make the borad run any faster by enabling any php add ons Huh
Unfortunately not... there could be dozens of reasons why the server is running slow.

The best option is to just contact your host to see if there's a problem. They might not yet be aware of your speed issues...
Could also be bandwidth or location related.
Is everybody having problems?? Are they all in a similar location?? It could just be their connection, in the past I've had trouble reaching just one particular site, and restarting the router sorted it.
In a future release some day, wouldn't making MyBB xhtml STRICT help with the "speed" issue? I know of several other forum scripts the use the xhtml strict coding, they are quite fast I must admit.

Also, this has my curiosity in a tizzy....you have a female avatar, but you go by technoman. Do tell.
Big Grin im a male Big Grin

i just thought having this avature was sorta cute but im 100% MAN Toungue
---------------

ok yes its not my server company they have given me a 1GBPS connection and speeds are fine on my side when reaching the board with OPERA and FIREFOX but Internet Explorer is making it slower,
Ive tried all Internet Explorer's 6.0 - 7.0 and now 8.0 and there preety slow for the most part...

--------------------

is there specific php add ons that need to be enabled besides the default ones that are alreay on ... maybe that can make a small differance ... i also added a MODD for html and posting to delete tha garbage ..what ever that means but its installed and seemed to run a bit faster but is there something or a php diagram to show what needs to be specifally on with a MYBB running ?
(2008-12-10, 04:47 PM)froggy Wrote: [ -> ]In a future release some day, wouldn't making MyBB xhtml STRICT help with the "speed" issue? I know of several other forum scripts the use the xhtml strict coding, they are quite fast I must admit.

Also, this has my curiosity in a tizzy....you have a female avatar, but you go by technoman. Do tell.
XHTML Strict won't actually make rendering faster - the majority of XML parsers are fault tolerant (and even if you assumed that the pages were perfect, the nature of the internet requires parsers to be fault tolerant).
So in essence, it won't make things faster. Strict just means you're abiding to certain standards - really nothing more...

(2008-12-10, 10:58 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]ok yes its not my server company they have given me a 1GBPS connection and speeds are fine on my side when reaching the board with OPERA and FIREFOX but Internet Explorer is making it slower,
Ive tried all Internet Explorer's 6.0 - 7.0 and now 8.0 and there preety slow for the most part...
IE was never really fast Toungue

(2008-12-10, 10:58 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]is there specific php add ons that need to be enabled besides the default ones that are alreay on ... maybe that can make a small differance ... i also added a MODD for html and posting to delete tha garbage ..what ever that means but its installed and seemed to run a bit faster but is there something or a php diagram to show what needs to be specifally on with a MYBB running ?
Gzip/deflate could help if connection speed is an issue. Page generation times are another possibility, however since you said it works fast on Opera/Firefox, chances of that are slim.
Other likelihood is attached images/CSS/Javascript - do you have any custom Javascript/plugins on your board? How big are your images? Do you have a lot of them?
(2008-12-11, 01:04 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-10, 04:47 PM)froggy Wrote: [ -> ]In a future release some day, wouldn't making MyBB xhtml STRICT help with the "speed" issue? I know of several other forum scripts the use the xhtml strict coding, they are quite fast I must admit.

XHTML Strict won't actually make rendering faster - the majority of XML parsers are fault tolerant (and even if you assumed that the pages were perfect, the nature of the internet requires parsers to be fault tolerant).
So in essence, it won't make things faster. Strict just means you're abiding to certain standards - really nothing more...

Yeh - In the end it just means it's less of our fault if we're following the standards.
If this is your server then try to install a php accelerator...I recommend eacellerator.

http://eaccelerator.net

But there could be a number of reasons why your site is slow.
Post the debug information at the bottom-right of your forum.