MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login on upgrade screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright, I tried to reset my password with the link you provided but same as before, I can't login. Possible to do it any other way, maybe a clean install and use the current database?
Well the password is coming from the database, so I doubt a fresh install wouldn't do anything.

Make sure ./inc/config.php is pointing to the correct database, make sure all the settings are right. All I can think of now.
They are correct. There must be something else, the password and username is correct.

I meant, if I do a fresh install, can I import my current database and use it so I have all my topics, post and users in the fresh install?
Doing that won't to anything, it's still the same database, and it'll still need to be upgraded.

I've had another thought - IIRC only super admins can run the upgrade script. Open ./inc/config.php, and find the line:

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Make sure your user ID is there.
Oh, your right.

Its the admin I made when I installed the mybb so it's '1'.

I have changed some parts of the forum, for instance, I have some text on the index page and I have custom navigation links, I dont know what it's called but its to the right of the forum banner, Search and Help is located there aswell. I think that is the major things, could that be the error here?
Na it won't be anything to do with that, it should just be either the upgrader can't link to the database properly, or it's having trouble verifying you're authorised to do it.

Can you still access the ACP?? You'd have to lock the installer first (create an empty file in it called simply 'lock'). If you can, create a new user, make them an admin, and add their UID to the list of super admins as mentioned above. Then try and log in with that user on the upgrade screen.
How should I add the new user? Like this?

$config['super_admins'] = '1';
$config['super_admins'] = '139';

Or how?
$config['super_admins'] = '1,X';

Where X is the new one. So if the new one has a UID of 139, it would be $config['super_admins'] = '1,139';
FINALLY! I GOT IT!

I know what's wrong, I used my domain for my webhost, I had to use the domain I use for the forum.

And also, Thank you for your time Matt_. You are a true helper!
I'll give it a go if you like. PM me details to log into your FTP account, and the username and password of your forum admin account.

Edit: Woo Toungue So, is it letting you in now??
Pages: 1 2 3