MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB2MyBB converter help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey, i wanted to change phpBB to mybb and when i am using the converter, it says enter phpBB path and i did but it says config not found, so i enter ../forums/ and it says

Quote:Warning: validate_phpbb(./inc/db_.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spicyjoe/public_html/forum/import.php on line 322

Warning: validate_phpbb(): Failed opening './inc/db_.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/spicyjoe/public_html/forum/import.php on line 322

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: bbdb in /home/spicyjoe/public_html/forum/import.php on line 323
Have you installed MyBB yet?
no.... do i have to install it before migrating it?
spicyjoe Wrote:no.... do i have to install it before migrating it?

your right. you need to install myBB first before import.
oh ok... hey, my members can change thier username... how can i disable that?
AdminCP -> Manage Groups -> Edit Usergroup (select the group you want to change) -> Can Change Username -> No

repeat the process for every usergroup that you don't want changing their usernames
oh ok cool.... oh yeah, about the theme.... i have just downloaded a theme for RC4 in mods.mybboard.com and inported it into my forum and it says its not compatible....
I'm not sure what version of MyBB you're using now, but you can't use RC4 theme on a PR2 forum.
nono. i am using RC4 and downloaded RC4 theme and it says theme not supported or something and ask me to tick no or ignore theme version....
Did you try ignore?
Pages: 1 2