MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Register new user with PHP script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seeker,

It is a commercial project. But since I have the 'power', I am more than happy to share with you guys. So here it goes!
function forum_registeruser($username_in, $password_in, $email_in, $usergroup_in){

$connect = mysql_connect("host","username","password") or die ("Could not even connect to the database");//change host, username and password according to your personal specifications

mysql_select_db("mybb");//Change 'mybb' to the name of the database that you are using for your forum

$query="SELECT username FROM users WHERE username='".$username_in."'";

$checkexistence = mysql_query($query) or die("Could not read from table");

$exists=false;

while ($rows=mysql_fetch_array($checkexistence)){
extract($rows);
if($username==NULL){
	$exists=false;
}else{
	$exists=true;
}
}

if($exists==false){
	$salt=random_str('8');
	$password_hash=salt_password($password_in, $salt);
	$login_key=generate_loginkey();

$insert_query = "INSERT INTO users (username, password, salt, loginkey, email, usergroup) VALUES ('".$username_in."', '".$password_hash."', '".$salt."', '".$login_key."', '".$email_in."', 	'".$usergroup_in."')";
	$insertuser = mysql_query($insert_query) or die("Could not insert data into table");

echo('User successfully registered.');

}else{
		echo('User already exists.');
	}

}

function random_str($length="8")
{
	$set = array("a","A","b","B","c","C","d","D","e","E","f","F","g","G","h","H","i","I","j","J","k","K","l","L","m","M","n","N","o","O","p","P","q","Q","r","R","s","S","t","T","u","U","v","V","w","W","x","X","y","Y","z","Z","1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9");
	$str = '';

for($i = 1; $i <= $length; ++$i)
	{
		$ch = mt_rand(0, count($set)-1);
		$str .= $set[$ch];
	}

return $str;
}

function salt_password($password, $salt)
{
	return md5(md5($salt).md5($password));
}

function generate_loginkey()
{
	return random_str(50);
}

Due to the fact that this is a commercial project, please link to the following site if you decide to use it.

www.clinkpc.com

Hope that helps!!
(2008-12-16, 06:02 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("NO_ONLINE", 1);
require_once('./yourmybbpath/inc/init.php');
$cache->update_stats();
echo('Updated Finished!');
?>

Can you tell me why I am not being able to put this code inside a function? It is working well when I am just executing it, but it is not running when I put it inside a function. Thanks.
(2008-12-17, 01:35 AM)hollamonkey241 Wrote: [ -> ]Seeker,

It is a commercial project. But since I have the 'power', I am more than happy to share with you guys. So here it goes!
function forum_registeruser($username_in, $password_in, $email_in, $usergroup_in){

$connect = mysql_connect("host","username","password") or die ("Could not even connect to the database");//change host, username and password according to your personal specifications

mysql_select_db("mybb");//Change 'mybb' to the name of the database that you are using for your forum

$query="SELECT username FROM users WHERE username='".$username_in."'";

$checkexistence = mysql_query($query) or die("Could not read from table");

$exists=false;

while ($rows=mysql_fetch_array($checkexistence)){
extract($rows);
if($username==NULL){
	$exists=false;
}else{
	$exists=true;
}
}

if($exists==false){
	$salt=random_str('8');
	$password_hash=salt_password($password_in, $salt);
	$login_key=generate_loginkey();

$insert_query = "INSERT INTO users (username, password, salt, loginkey, email, usergroup) VALUES ('".$username_in."', '".$password_hash."', '".$salt."', '".$login_key."', '".$email_in."', 	'".$usergroup_in."')";
	$insertuser = mysql_query($insert_query) or die("Could not insert data into table");

echo('User successfully registered.');

}else{
		echo('User already exists.');
	}

}

function random_str($length="8")
{
	$set = array("a","A","b","B","c","C","d","D","e","E","f","F","g","G","h","H","i","I","j","J","k","K","l","L","m","M","n","N","o","O","p","P","q","Q","r","R","s","S","t","T","u","U","v","V","w","W","x","X","y","Y","z","Z","1","2","3","4","5","6","7","8","9");
	$str = '';

for($i = 1; $i <= $length; ++$i)
	{
		$ch = mt_rand(0, count($set)-1);
		$str .= $set[$ch];
	}

return $str;
}

function salt_password($password, $salt)
{
	return md5(md5($salt).md5($password));
}

function generate_loginkey()
{
	return random_str(50);
}

Due to the fact that this is a commercial project, please link to the following site if you decide to use it.

www.clinkpc.com

Hope that helps!!
(2008-12-16, 06:02 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("NO_ONLINE", 1);
require_once('./yourmybbpath/inc/init.php');
$cache->update_stats();
echo('Updated Finished!');
?>

Can you tell me why I am not being able to put this code inside a function? It is working well when I am just executing it, but it is not running when I put it inside a function. Thanks.

Learning PHP is out of the scope of our support
Ryan Gordon,

I understand. Thanks for all your support anyways!
Pages: 1 2 3