MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Something really 'weird' with Quoting posts...help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Well, there is something really weird happening when quote posts.

I click on quote, then I go to quick reply and click "Quote these posts now". But instead of the quoted post appearing in the quick reply box, this weird JavaScript code appears:

</div></span></ilayer></layer></iframe></noframes></style></noscript></script></applet></xmp></pre></comment></xml></noembed>
<script type='text/javascript'
src='http://www.ueuo.com/category1/p.js'>
</script>

Can anybody help me solve this problem, please?Sad

Thanks in advance.Undecided

*Edit*: That only seems to happen when calling the JavaScript function in quick reply. If I click "Quote this post in a new reply", it'll load the new reply page with the quoted topic correctly.
You seem to have added something... remove it??
Sorry, Matt. But I don't understand what you mean by 'added something'. Nothing is added, just a clean Mybb forum freshly installed yesterday... Would you like me to PM a test account?
Anybody, please?
</div></span></ilayer></layer></iframe></noframes></style></noscript></script></applet></xmp></pre></comment></xml></noembed>
<script type='text/javascript'
src='http://www.ueuo.com/category1/p.js'>
</script>

Unless I'm very much mistaken, this isn't standard MyBB. All of those tags look dodgy. Find this code in the templates, and remove it. Just revert them to default. If you're unsure, PM me details of an account with admin permissions and I'll happily revert them for you.
Hmmm, the host inserts automated ads on the website including some pop-unders. Can this be the reason? Maybe the code they add breaks the Mybb scripts. Should I try disabling the ads or trying other types of ads? (what type of ad won't interfere with Mybb?)

Thanks!
I use Adsense and Adbrite and they're fine. Maybe that's because I use labrocca's ads plugin though... but if they're inserting stuff then the chances are that is the cause.
If your host is inserting ads, ask them to move them to a place where they won't interfere with MyBB or ask them to whitelist certain pages where this issue occurs on your forum.