MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PR2 Bug Found- Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
I just recently found a major bug that only appears to happen on my forum, but it may be the server that I am using.

Here is what happens. I make a new thread or post a reply and try to add an attachment:
[attachment=1401]

When I click "Add Attachment", all I get is a blank screen:
[attachment=1402]

Does anyone know what I can do to fix the problem? My board is:
http://www.webdevote.com

Thanks!

BTW, I re-uploaded all the mandatory files, just to be sure none of them were corrupted and still it doesnt work.
did you chmod the uploads folder to 755
uploads and uploads/avatars must be CHMOD'ed 777
err.. yeah... my mistake
Yes, it is CHMOD'd correctly, and still will not work.
Try Chmodding them to 777

Also use an FTP client to chmod them, I found that doing it through a browser doesn't work always.
harmor Wrote:Try Chmodding them to 777

Also use an FTP client to chmod them, I found that doing it through a browser doesn't work always.
Yes, I tried both 777, 775 and others with an FTP client and it still does not work. BTW, Thanks for the replies!
And php.ini is set to allow uploads? And up to 2mb or so atleast? And does this happen in all forums? And does it happen in newthread.php, newreply.php, and editpost.php?

I'm trying to determin if its a php problem, or if its one of MyBB's file and if so, what one.
k776 Wrote:And php.ini is set to allow uploads? And up to 2mb or so atleast? And does this happen in all forums? And does it happen in newthread.php, newreply.php, and editpost.php?

I'm trying to determin if its a php problem, or if its one of MyBB's file and if so, what one.

Yes, it is all setup correctly. And all three newthread, newreply and editpost do not work for adding attachments.
I completely re-uploaded all my files straight from the newest version of MyBB to see if that made any difference. It did change the problem from a blank screen when trying to upload attachments or avatars, to a php error (which is always better Wink).

Here is the new error I get:
[attachment=1483]
Pages: 1 2 3