MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to install custom theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I recently installed the most recent version of mybb on my website. I had searched for custom themes to add to my forum, and found several. I downloaded them and attempted to read the readme.txt files, and did as the instructions said.

The instructions said to move the folder in the .zip to the images folder, and upload a .xml file. I did exactly that, yet after saving the new theme, and changing my theme to the new one in the UCP, all I saw were a few images, and a 'blank' theme.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w88/w...195206.png

I decided to come here for help.

I assume that the 'images' folder that I should move the custom images to is the folder just after the main forum folder? My forum is bboard, so my folder is bboard, and the folder inside it is 'images', that's where I uploaded the images at.

I must be doing something wrong.

www.bboard.robertcity.com
Make a new folder in ./images/ and call it whatever the readme tells you to. Upload the images there. Then import the .xml file.

If you've overwritten the default images you'll need to upload them again.

Also make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ is CHMOD to 777.
Hello Matt,

Yes, I have moved the custom theme's image folder into the images folder correctly.

I am unsure of what you mean with the cache.
The folder called cache, and the one inside it, themes, need to be CHMOD to 777.
Okay, I have changed the permissions to CHMOD to 777, but it's still the same blank screen.
Looks fine to me.
I have now set the custom theme as default.
It'll be easier to take a look myself so can you PM me admin and FTP details??
I am sorry, due to security, I am not allowed to share admin account details with anyone except for staff.

I use bluehost, by the way.

Is it my host or mybboard that is causing the issue?

If the latter, then is it custom themes that don't work with my specific date?
Well that'll just make it harder to sort it, that's all.

Wait a minute, was this theme even made for MyBB 1.4?? Because it seems to be called RC4, RC4 is over 4 years old.
Pages: 1 2