MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vista problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the moment im running two PC, one running XP and one running Vista. My BB forum runs fine on my XP but on my vista run pC im getting this error when i try to go into any of my forum topics.

The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/me/public_html/forums/global.php:603) - Line: 1536 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.6 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1536 header
/inc/functions.php 1597 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 157 my_set_array_cookie
/forumdisplay.php 1104 mark_forum_read

Any idea what could be causing this.

Regards

Tyke
Clear your cookies, try logging in again. Btw, it (I don't think) wouldn't matter your operating system..
i know what you mean, you wouldnt think it would make a difference what operating system is being used. The warning message though is only happening on the forum when looked at with the vista and not with the XP. Ive got both PC side by side and looking at the same thing,one with the error and one without. same browser too.

odd
Right, ive worked out what was causing the problem on vista, Im running on a host that wants me to run an ad code on every public page,

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-3100327360924377";
/* 728x90 - ExtrovertHost(advanced) */
google_ad_slot = "2959054707";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

So i put it in the global.php file while it works like its supposed to do on XP, vista doesnt like it.
Trouble is, i have to run that bit of script on my forum. Does anybody know the best place to put it for it to work on every public page i show without it messing up the forum

regards

Tyke
You should try placing it in the header template. Sticking it in global.php will cause issues.
(as for the error, you probably have error reporting disabled on you XP machine)
Hi, can you tell me where is the header template, i cant seem to find it. Ive tried the code everywhere and it only seems to work in the global.php, but you are right, it is causing problems in there.
Regards

tyke
in ACP-->Themes and Styles-->Templates (left side)-->*select your theme to modify*-->Header Templates
Input the code somewhere..
Thanks Dalton, sorted it now