MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme messed up when upgrading to 1.4.4 from 1.4.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My theme is messed up when I upgrade from 1.4.2 to 1.4.4. The css is totally scratched. The only thing that is sort of fine is the header, but it uses css too and its css is gone. I didn't exactly know which upgrade version to use since I could only find 1.4.3 and 1.4 or 1.4.1 (no 1.4.2). Any ideas?
First, upload a backup of your forum from before the upgrade. That way, your site can stay running until we get this sorted Smile

Quote:I didn't exactly know which upgrade version to use since I could only find 1.4.3 and 1.4 or 1.4.1 (no 1.4.2).

I'm lost... what do you mean by upgrade version?! The upgrade script included 1.4 - 1.4.2 (no 1.4.3 as was only file changes)...
Make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777.

And can we have a link so we can see it??
I meant in upgrade.php there isn't a 1.4.2 version upgrade selection. Just 1.4./1.4.1, 1.4.3, and older versions. I will do that though. I'll upload a copy of it.
Ok. The chmod worked. What else should be chmodded? I used 1.4/1.4.1 for the upgrade option.
If you were on 1.4.2, you should choose 1.4.3 from the list as the database schema for 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 were exactly the same - no upgrader was needed for 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 so the database would have stayed the same.

The necessary ones are ./uploads/, ./uploads/avatars/, ./cache/, ./cache/themes/, ./inc/config.php, and ./inc/settings.php. Files to 666, folders to 777.
Ok. I thought it was working but it actually isn't. I have chmodded everything and it still doesn't work.

http://tutorialshare.daman371designs.com/community
Check your board URL is correct, the image path in the theme settings, and try and import the .xml file for the theme again.
How do you import in the admin panel?
The same way you always import a theme... ACP > Templates & Style > Import a Theme.

And your forum is giving a 404 now.
Yeah I'm working on it. I didn't see that option. Let me check again when I have it uploaded.
Ok. That seems to have fixed it. I did notice though that it just takes some time to show up when installing. It has to build the cache or something. Could you check it for me one last time?
Pages: 1 2