MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: changing domains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok people right now im using a domain that i regsiered from dyndns

but i want to NOW use 1 registar 1 cause the 1 used is long and 1 i have paid for is less long and plus its more a friendly domain

so where do i need to go and change it and plus will it affect anything that i did up to now including mods when changing the domain name ?
(2008-12-12, 06:28 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]ok people right now im using a domain that i regsiered from dyndns

but i want to NOW use 1 registar 1 cause the 1 used is long and 1 i have paid for is less long and plus its more a friendly domain

so where do i need to go and change it and plus will it affect anything that i did up to now including mods when changing the domain name ?

sweet something i can help with...

first off as far as I know it shouldn't conflict with your mods. secondly you'll need to change your cookie settings. I think that is about it. there's even two nifty plugins that help if you still wanna use your old domain so your users can still access even if they don't know your new domain.here they are....

Autoset BBurl
Autoset Cookies Path

I hope I helped Big Grin
(2008-12-12, 06:37 AM)Vysse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-12, 06:28 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]ok people right now im using a domain that i regsiered from dyndns

first off as far as I know it shouldn't conflict with your mods. secondly you'll need to change your cookie settings. I think that is about it. there's even two nifty plugins that help if you still wanna use your old domain so your users can still access even if they don't know your new domain.here they are....

Autoset BBurl
Autoset Cookies Path

I hope I helped Big Grin

yah i have those 2 installed but for ACP i need to keep coming threw on dyndns domain but on board I dont have to so far and yes the 2 work good as regsitered users can come in threw any 4 domains that i have pointed so far to enter the forum but it wont set anything in the ACP control panel if i use any of the 3 others coming in ...
(2008-12-12, 06:51 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-12, 06:37 AM)Vysse Wrote: [ -> ]

Autoset BBurl
Autoset Cookies Path

I hope I helped Big Grin

yah i have those 2 installed but for ACP i need to keep coming threw on dyndns domain but on board I dont have to so far and yes the 2 work good as regsitered users can come in threw any 4 domains that i have pointed so far to enter the forum but it wont set anything in the ACP control panel if i use any of the 3 others coming in ...

as i said as far as i know those are the only things needing changing. so im pretty sure your set.
Yeah once you've changed the board URL and cookie settings to fit with the new URL you'll be fine.