MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: JavaScript Quoting doesn't work! Please help..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Sorry guys, I had recently posted something similar but I solved the problem with the host now a new problem has aroused. When I click the "Quote" button to add quotes to the quick reply, the "+" tunrs "-" as usual. Under quick reply box, I can see "You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them." which is also normal. But then when I click "Quote these posts now", it says 'loading' as usual but then nothing happens. The quick reply box is just empty.

Thanks for your help!Sad
Browser?? Version?? URL?? C'mon, help us out a bit here...

Try and reupload your ./jscripts/ folder.
Ah, sorry Matt.

It's FireFox 3. I have no problem using the Quick reply here so I don't think it's a browser issue. If you meant the mybb version, it's 1.4.4, latest. Tried re-uploading. No luck. Tried to see what happens with IE7 but I cannot login:@. Keeps redirecting me as guest after it says 'successfully logged in'. Hmmm, cookies are ok, I tried clearing them but still.. I PMed you login details so you can take a closer look...

Thanks you for your help, Matt
Ok, this happens in the default theme too and the templates are default. I know you said you re-uploaded the ./jscripts/ folder, but can you actually completely delete ./jscripts/post.js and upload a fresh one, and see what that does.
So sorry for the late reply...Still no luck, did what you said,Matt. I am starting to get frustrated...Sad I hope someone can figure it out...
Hmm... you know the pop-up ads you have... how are they generated?? Is this something you've done or something that is done by your host?? My suspicion is the ads are conflicting with the quick reply ajax.
Hmm, I thought about that but the pop-up ads were first 'forced' into the website. But I then contacted the host and they agreed to remove the automatic ads so as not to break the scripts but I must, however, add the adcode manually through the templates. I added their link to the footer code and it appeared. They also gave me the pop-ups ad code which was:
<script type='text/javascript'
src='http://www.freewebhostingarea.com/ads/pop.js'>
</script>

and I edited it under '{$header}' in the index template. Should I try reverting that?

*Edit*: I tried reverting all edited templates but still...no changeSad
So am I right in thinking that even with no ad code at all, the multiquote doesn't work??
Yep, Matt. Correct. Completely 'pure' Mybb doesn't work too. I am starting to think it's some kind of server issue but even if I contacted them, what will I say? I mean, will have to know what's the source of the problem. The host said they they are not interfering or forcing any ads on the forum anymore so as not to break my PHP scripts. And that was right, as all the ads they had automatically put were removed. What do you think, Matt?
Your hosts ad scripts are probably interfering with MyBB's javascripts