MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods Search...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I'm fed up with this. The Mods Search system just does not work. When I search for something, sometimes it doesn't return anything, even though there are plugins and themes that contain the query.

Does it search through a cached database? I've come to this because older submissions show up, but newer ones don't.

Is there anyway this can be changed on behalf of my searching soul? Wink
Works fine for me.
How about linking to the mod you're trying to search for as well as provide the search keywords you're using to do the search. Otherwise, it works fine on my end.
I just tried to search for my new theme (TwittBB). I used "twitt" for my query and nothing was returned. http://mods.mybboard.net/search/results/54038

It works if I enter "twittbb", but not just "twitt." This is a pretty big bug IMO.
It's more of the way it was designed then a bug. They just need to adjust the query that searches for the terms searched to be more flexible.
It's because it doesn't use fulltext searching yet
On my site, I use this:
$query = $db->query("SELECT * FROM pages");
while($page_info = $db->fetch_array($query))
{
  if(eregi($search_query, $page_info['content']))
  {
    $content_results[$page_info['link']] = $page_info['title'];
  }
}
I use eregi because we have only like 30 pages.
(2008-12-13, 05:42 AM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]On my site, I use this:
{
  {
  }
}

Well we're not going to use something like that because 1) mods aren't stored as complete "pages" and 2) It's not as fast or as smart as fulltext searching. You could even speed up your query a lot by just going SELECT * FROM pages WHERE content LIKE '%blahblah%' and make it even better with fulltext
Yup, Fulltext is always the way to go. I'm just waiting for one of my databases to get a bit larger so I can switch my search query to fulltext as well as the columns in the tables, as full-text search engine isn't too good at all with a small database.
(2008-12-13, 05:42 AM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]On my site, I use this:
{
  {
  }
}

That absolutely kills performance Toungue

Let MySQL do what MySQL does best and let PHP do what PHP does best.
Pages: 1 2