MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to install???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I want to install mybb on my website, i have got cpanel and i have downloaded the files...

I tried using the search function, but it didn't give me anything related to installing it...

Can i pls have some help.

Thanks,

Cohen Smile

Edit - Don't worry - http://community.mybboard.net/thread-34972.html - found this, if i have any problems, i'll come back Smile
Slight problem...

I don't get how to edit the Chmod....

Can i pls have some help....

Thanks,

Cohen
what ftp program are you using?
He said CPanel.

cohen, if you go to each file, tick the little box next to it. Then, up at the top, where there's that row of images for different things, click 'Permissions'. There you can set the relevant files and folders to 666 or 777.
(2008-12-13, 09:18 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]He said CPanel.

cohen, if you go to each file, tick the little box next to it. Then, up at the top, where there's that row of images for different things, click 'Permissions'. There you can set the relevant files and folders to 666 or 777.

But maybe he doesn't have the File Manager in his CPanel. If not then we need to know what FTP client he is using.
There will still be a settings called chmod/permissions or something along those lines. The real difference is if the permissions are set out differently - in case you need it, rw-rw-rw- is the same as 666 and rwxrwxrwx is the same as 777.
I know, i haven't replied to this thread for a while, but Toungue

I figured it out, i couldn't figure out how to chmod the file, i worked it out, and now done Smile

I have about.... 6 or so forums using mybb at my new site Smile www.central-forums.net Smile

Mybb is great! Big Grin

Thanks anyway for your help Smile

Cohen