MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please, Help Me Save Time: How to 'fool' a plugin into thinking it's been installed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Short, simple version:

How to switch the plugin status to activated, when the error messages are about db columns which already exist?

If you know the answer PLEASE tell me.

#####################

Longer version:

These details don't matter...
MySQL error: 1050
Table 'mybb_rss2post' already exists
Query: CREATE TABLE mybb_rss2post ( fid INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY , url VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL , forum INT( 10 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL ) ENGINE = MYISAM ;

MySQL error: 1060
Duplicate column name 'modnotes'
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD ( modnotes TEXT NOT NULL )

1) I need to save time and make all my test forums better, some are a real mess right now.
2) A db utility I bought is very handy for synchronizing the database schemas, but...
3) When I try to activate plugins many columns already exist, and the plugins won't install.

Is their a "standard" way which plugins are 'registered' as activated?
How can I 'fool' a plugin into thinking it's been installed?

>>FYI: This means the database is set-up and it should function (let's not worry about template edits for now), but the adminCP buttons indicate it's not activated.

How to switch the plugin status to activated, when the error messages are about db columns which already exist?

Thank you
I don't think it's wise to "trick" a plugin to think it's installed. There may be things that are in the plugin that are not installed, even though the database information is there.

The easiest thing to do is to remove the tables in the database, then activate the plugin again. This will make sure that everything (templates, database, settings etc.) are all installed. Doing it this way should also stop errors on your board too (if any wayward hooks are there)...
^^^
Thanks, I did take the time to manually delete database columns. I prefer to do things the right way.

It was easy, unless ~5 or more tables are changed.
Then you have to keep going back and re-deleting (more and more) columns every time the error message changes.