MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyPlaza Expand/Collapse Categories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running myplaza on mybb 1.2, and I've found that if I set the option "Expanded by default" to no, then it starts collapsed, but when clicked it expands to an empty div (basically just fails to expand at all). I was wondering if there is a fix for this as I'd find this option quite useful since some categories in my plaza have as many as 100 items! Any help on this would be most appreciated. Thanks~
Gah, looks like a bug.
See if this fixes it:
In the plaza_menuitem template, find:
<tbody id="catcollapse_{$plaza_cat['cid']}_e" style="{$plaza_cat['noitems_style']}">
replace with
<tbody id="catcollapse_{$plaza_cat['cid']}_e">

In plaza_cat_noitems, find and delete:
{$plaza_cat['noitems_style']}

In plaza_item, find and delete:
{$plaza_item['exphide']}

Hope that works for you.
(2008-12-15, 11:26 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]In plaza_cat_noitems, find and delete:
{$plaza_cat['noitems_style']}

This didn't have any effect on the bug

(2008-12-15, 11:26 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]In plaza_item, find and delete:
{$plaza_item['exphide']}
Hope that works for you.

This simply made it so the items in a "collapsed category" actually showed instead of being hidden

BUT...

(2008-12-15, 11:26 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]In the plaza_menuitem template, find:
<tbody id="catcollapse_{$plaza_cat['cid']}_e" style="{$plaza_cat['noitems_style']}">
replace with

I looked for :

but all I found in the template was:

So I thought I'd replace it with

and to my surprised... it fully functions now! Thank you Yumi, with this problem fixed all my members will have a greater experience~~
Hmm, I don't have a test environment set up on my PC at the moment - maybe my forum had out of date templates...
Is this bug confirmed?
(2008-12-17, 10:02 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Is this bug confirmed?

I just confirmed it on a "non-standard" theme, and will check the default soon.

EDIT: Confirmed, thanks for the info.

< related topic: MyPlaza Bug >

Yumi / Zinga B: I know you are busy.
On 1.2.14 (MyPlaza 0.53) the attachment fees module only charges the first person to pay. Everyone else gets it free. Toungue

I wanted to make sure the IP address wasn't a factor, so I even confirmed the bug using a proxy.
If you ever have time to fix this, please, PM me or find a way to make sure I know about the upgrade.

Thank you for your fantastic contributions. Smile

</ related topic: MyPlaza Bug >
Okay included the fix in MyPlaza Turbo 0.2.0
thanks for reporting it and confirming it

Edit:
I tested it with the fix (in plaza_menuitem replaced <tbody id="catcollapse_{$plaza_cat['cid']}_e"> with <tbody id="catcollapse_{$plaza_cat['cid']}_e" style="{$plaza_cat['noitems_style']}">) and it's not fixed.
Are you sure you didn't edit anything besides that?

Edit 2:
I found the problem.
When clicking Expand, the style of each row (itme) still has display: none; when it shouldn't even have that EVEN when when the category is not expanded as the tbody style of each category has already display: none; when it's collapsed.

Categories expanded by default don't have display: none; in rows even if the cat is collapsed.

So deleting {$plaza_item['exphide']} from plaza_item should work for everybody. At least it works for me.