MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: turning off User Titles and Star ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know its got to be in the Admin CP somewhere but I just can't figure out where to turn off User Titles and the Stars that display beside a user's name.

Where should I be looking?
There's some ACP settings you can do, and template edits.

ACP stuff

To remove the stars, ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose group** > and you should see an option for User Stars - set this to 0. Also go to ACP > Users & Groups > User Titles > and edit all of these to have 0 stars, or just delete the usertitles completely.

ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose group** > Users and Permissions > Can use custom user titles? > NO. This will make them unable to change their usertitle.

Template Changes

ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Postbit Templates > postbit and postbit_classic, find and remove:

{$post['usertitle']}

and:

{$post['userstars']}

I recommend you do everything here. If you just do the template edits, in the event of these templates needing to be reverted to default, the the code would come back, meaning the usertitles and stars would come back, and you should also do the setting changes as then it's hardcoded into the database as opposed to just being 'hidden' by removing it from the templates.

Smile
Thanks for the fast response Matt.
Now to get me one of those P50s!