MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Perfect Paradise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dude106,
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have to agree with most of the comments made here. It's hard enough to get people to visit one forum little lone 8 or 10 or how many ever you have. I understand your want to have a community, but you need to go about this in a different manor possibly. What do you like to do as a hobby? Do you play any musical instruments, ride a skateboard, blow the farthest spitwad? there must be something you do for hobby. Use that and start a forum from there.

And for all measures, go mow a lawn, pawn something, sell something, but get a decent domain. Concentrate on 1 site being a success, learn from that then start another if you feel the need. This is NOT going to happen overnight. Succesful forums take years to take hold and grab a dedicated following. Be patient..

Take a look at my forum and you'll see what I mean. That didn't happen overnight. Hardwork and dedication to one project pays off. If not, your doing something wrong and need to re-evaluate what you're doing.

Kind Regards
Hemi, many forums back I made the same suggestion you have above, and I really though it may have worked...

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40698.html

I got the impression that Dude 106 had actually found something that he could really work on since it seemed it was something that he was "into". Unfortunately I was wrong, he just can't seem to dedicate himself into ANY forum he has created!!
(2008-12-14, 04:25 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Hemi, many forums back I made the same suggestion you have above, and I really though it may have worked...

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-40698.html

I got the impression that Dude 106 had actually found something that he could really work on since it seemed it was something that he was "into". Unfortunately I was wrong, he just can't seem to dedicate himself into ANY forum he has created!!

Well, yea lufbra,
that was a great idea.. Those types of forums are popular. I suggest certainly staying with that course Dude106. The Aquatics forum is something a LOT of people can relate to. The pet industry is HUGE. That's a forum that could really pay off. Get a .com for that forum and make something of it..
Guess I have to agree, the staff applications that I've been making on my own position were just tests, because I had to play around a little bit to move them to the hidden staff forums.

Thanks guys for the review. I do not just go to myBB to promote my forums. I use Forum Promotion.org, some myBB directories, and stuff like that. If you just promote your forum at myBB, no matter how many users visit it, you won't get anywhere Sad You have to go to different places.
Pages: 1 2