MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thumbnails not working since upgrade to 1.4.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know how to troubleshoot this issue nor do I know if anyone else has experienced this but I checked my settings and then checked over 6 different browsers and it only happens with IE based browsers. Please don't tell me to switch to another browser because I cannot.

Anyway, I have my sites set to show thumbnails of images. Thumbs are set rather large in case someone does not want to click it and make it bigger - 250x250 -

I upgraded all my sites this week and all of a sudden the images that are clicked for full size view are set up as a download and not open up as the full sized image. I'm getting the option to save, open or cancel and not just open it up.

Opera, Firefox and Safari all open the images as they used to before the upgrade to 1.4.4

IE7, Maxthon1 and Maxthon2 all make me download as described above.

I triple checked my settings and they are all fine.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.
This was done in 1.4.3 I believe, due to a security issue.
There is a known security issue that's with IE and it effects many many scripts on the internet not just Mybb. The change is required in order to maintain security. It will have to probably stay this way for a long time since people are very slow to update their browser.
Thanks for the explaination guys. I am going to tell the people over at Maxthon about this because they are really good at fixing stuff on their product.

I use both the M1 and M2 browser because it is IE based but MORE secure and full of features and I don't lose things on some softwares like I do with FF and the others. I just don't like FF and can never get it to work right for me but I have a ton of browsers installed so I can cross check when making sites or skins and make sure it all looks good for everyone on every browser.

One day there'll be some sort of standard that applies to all browsers that we won't have such silly issues between them all.