MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should you pay for MyBB PR-1.0 ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Should you pay for MyBB PR-1.0 ?? Wink

Please Vote Yes or No HERE
Hmm. Tricky.

Should > No
Would > Yes (if I had the cash)

make a would you.... option Wink
No, I think that if you start making people pay for mybb, people will think its just a cheap copy of another forum which will hurt mybb. And the people that cant pay for mybb will move to smf or phpbb because they are the next best things. The people that can pay will probably just move to another type of forum with more features.

Thats what I love about mybb, its proffesional yet free. And it should stay like that. Why do you think so many people use mybb, the main reason would be because its FREE!
Nice Javascript, but the filename gives it away.
Stevowevo Wrote:No, I think that if you start making people pay for mybb, people will think its just a cheap copy of another forum which will hurt mybb. And the people that cant pay for mybb will move to smf or phpbb because they are the next best things. The people that can pay will probably just move to another type of forum with more features.

Thats what I love about mybb, its proffesional yet free. And it should stay like that. Why do you think so many people use mybb, the main reason would be because its FREE!

Well, you should cast a NO vote.... Rolleyes
boring

I remember seeing a flash one few years ago
much better
No, MyBB should stay free. Invision Power Board already made the mistake of charging for their board licenses. There's nothing better than MyBB, and I hope it stays free.
I fail to see Invision Power Boards "mistake" to be honest.

From what i can see the move they made to paid licenses has been a very successful one.

It could have all went wrong for IPS when they made the move but they jumped over pretty well to be fair.
No, most boards you see are illegal nulled boards. Which is a mistake for Invision Power Board.
Maybe so but IPS make a great profit from legitimate sales. As do vBulletin.

Alot of Microsoft's products are illegal pirate copies. I read somewhere
Microsoft make a small profit though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4