MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Placing content in the "Plugin" page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would you go about putting content in the Plugin page? I haven't the slightest idea of where to start. Sorry for the noob question.
What do you mean by content?? If you mean the information about a plugin, it's in the array at the start of the plugin...
(2008-12-14, 03:59 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by content?? If you mean the information about a plugin, it's in the array at the start of the plugin...

No, I mean that (for example), I want the text "Hello world" to show up under where it says..

"This section allows you to activate, deactivate, and manage the plugins that you have uploaded to your forum's inc/plugins directory. To hide a plugin from view, but not lose any stored information from it, click the Deactivate link."

I just need the name of the file that controls that part of the page.
Not an elegant solution (you generally don't do this), but you could add a hook to admin_config_plugins_begin and overwrite $lang->plugins_desc with your own text.
(2008-12-15, 11:44 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Not an elegant solution (you generally don't do this), but you could add a hook to admin_config_plugins_begin and overwrite $lang->plugins_desc with your own text.

Any other solutions? Huh
(2008-12-17, 10:11 PM)bundyxc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-15, 11:44 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Not an elegant solution (you generally don't do this), but you could add a hook to admin_config_plugins_begin and overwrite $lang->plugins_desc with your own text.

Any other solutions? Huh
What's wrong with the solution? Is there something you desire in particular?
If you're not a developer and you just want to put a message / note there for other admins or something (I'm talking out of my crystal ball here, why don't people explain what they want to achieve?), you could just edit the message directly in Admin CP -> Languages, i.e. you add "Hello world" to one of the plugin messages in the language file.
Alright, here's my thought: Each and every time that you get a new mod/hack/whatever, you have to go open up your FTP, login, find the correct folder, and upload. This isn't a horribly time-consuming process, but I want to make it so that I can directly upload files from the ACP.

All that I need to do is figure out how to put this box in the "plugin" page, as well as write a quick upload box.
Time consuming?? Takes me 10 seconds to type the address, a second to press enter to log in, 10 seconds to find the folder, hit Upload, choose the file, and it does it.
If you want to add an upload box, you'll probably want to add a tab and a new page (look at the plugins.php for examples of how it should be done).