MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plz Help Me !!!!!!!!!!!! MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact t
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Really? Every read me I read says that if you're not running it off LAN localhost will be incorrect. I guess it's just more "proper" to use the legitimate one?
(2008-12-20, 12:41 AM)btraill Wrote: [ -> ]And you said you upgraded to a paid host, correct?

So localhost will not work, you'll need to grab the Hostname of the MySQL server from your host.

Incorrect. localhost works fine on most paid hosts and that is because they have their servers setup so that mysql databases can be accessed from the 'localhost' alias.

Other companies, like dreamhost, might setup their servers differently so that you must use a URL to access the mysql server.

It just depends on how your host has their datacenter setup.
Well, like I said, I figured it was more "accurate" to use the proper database information given. Rather then assuming "localhost" would work.
by changing it back to mysql mine got fixed thanks! also how did it change to mysqli all i know is it worked then the whole server11 went down when i come back home it has a mysql error
They probably just changed their settings...
I've had this same issue, except I've set it to mysql and am still getting the same error. mysql is running, the u/p are correct, and the mysql version is correct. I still don't know how it got to mysqli, but that's besides the point. Everything's setup correctly, it should connect to localhost.
It's at http://mhscc.ath.cx/forum
If you don't know what it should be you'll need to ask your host. I can only be mysql or mysqli if you're using MySQL, though...
Yeah, it's the same version as the OP (5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4), and neither work.
Then you'll need to ask your host, first time I can remember anyone saying neither of them work.
It's self hosted.
Pages: 1 2 3