MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB backup problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I tried making a backup in my forum but this comes up:
[Image: 116krxk.jpg]
I made a backup just abhout two days ago and there was no problem then, can someone help me? Or tell me how to enable this zlib thing.

Also I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the host rather than my copy of MyBB, though I'd like someone to ensure me Smile
have you tired plan text dose that work ok ?

if so i would ask you host is there somthing wrong with gzip as that is what it seems like to me
Sounds like zlib is some sort of PHP module which you host doesn't have... if you download it plain text, if the backup is too big if it needs to be restored, you can manually split it up or use bigdump or something.
K thanks guys I've notified oxyhost on their forum. Truth is; I wanna change hosts in a day or two but my latest backup was from about 2 days ago which means I would've lost 1 member and 40 posts. I know that you can backup in plaintext also but I was following a changing hosts tut on here which advised me to use gzip, and thought it may be problematic if I didn't follow their exact instructions.
I never use GZIP and I've never had problems.
(2008-12-14, 07:16 PM)T3h-death-cap Wrote: [ -> ]K thanks guys I've notified oxyhost on their forum. Truth is; I wanna change hosts in a day or two but my latest backup was from about 2 days ago which means I would've lost 1 member and 40 posts. I know that you can backup in plaintext also but I was following a changing hosts tut on here which advised me to use gzip, and thought it may be problematic if I didn't follow their exact instructions.

If you're importing the SQL to your new host via phpMyAdmin, most recent releases of it can read plain SQL, GZIP, BZIP, and I think even normal ZIP archives, so it shouldn't really be an issue. But anyway all of the "_ZIP" methods are based on the plain SQL file, which means once you have a complete plain-text SQL download, you can use a program like WinZIP or PowerArchiver to "package" the .sql file into one of the GZIP, BZIP, ZIP formats.