MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not 100% sure why but I think it has something to do with your hosts's GD setup or something. can you go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > View PHP Info > find the heading 'gd' and post the contents of the 'gd' table. It will be something similar to this:

gd

GD Support	enabled
GD Version	bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support	enabled
FreeType Linkage	with freetype
FreeType Version	2.2.1
GIF Read Support	enabled
GIF Create Support	enabled
JPG Support	enabled
PNG Support	enabled
WBMP Support	enabled
XPM Support	enabled
XBM Support	enabled

Edit: No problem Akin Smile Can you also do the above process??
Here it is.
Quote:GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.3.7
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled
Well the only differences are I have XPM Support enabled and you don't, and you have a newer FreeType Version... wonder if any of these are linked to captcha...??
Interesting. Thanks for the help.
Hmm, I don't know how it works Toungue Glad it's sorted for you both Smile
I still wonder why you aren't a MyBB Mentor, you help so many people.
(2008-12-14, 10:06 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not 100% sure why but I think it has something to do with your hosts's GD setup or something. can you go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > View PHP Info > find the heading 'gd' and post the contents of the 'gd' table. It will be something similar to this:

gd

GD Support	enabled
GD Version	bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support	enabled
FreeType Linkage	with freetype
FreeType Version	2.2.1
GIF Read Support	enabled
GIF Create Support	enabled
JPG Support	enabled
PNG Support	enabled
WBMP Support	enabled
XPM Support	enabled
XBM Support	enabled

Edit: No problem Akin Smile Can you also do the above process??

Hey Matt, those are my settings too with the exception of
freetype version 2.1.4
The files in captcha_fonts you probably uploaded in the wrong format (they should be uploaded in binary, not ASCII). Deleting this folder forces GD to use the default font (ugly but it works).
(2008-12-15, 07:42 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]The files in captcha_fonts you probably uploaded in the wrong format (they should be uploaded in binary, not ASCII). Deleting this folder forces GD to use the default font (ugly but it works).

That's what I told Tabbie. Apparently, FileZilla doesn't do everything for you when you set it to "Automatic" mode. Wink
Ya ya, rub it in why don't ya. As it turns out I had it uploaded in ASCII not Automatic as I had thought. HehRolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3