MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Editor [Release]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plugin Editor 1.0
====================

Created by RenegadeFan
Copyright 2008

Overview:
A tool for developers that allows you to edit un-active plugins.

Features:
-Allows use of Codepress editor (the editor used with templates)

====================
Installing
1. Upload "plugineditor.php" to your inc/plugins folder
2. Go to Configuration > Plugins
3. Click "Activate"
4. Have fun!

====================
License
You may not re-distribute this plugin.

====================
Previews
[Image: screenshot15478231zj5.jpg]

[Image: screenshot25474438vs9.jpg]

Download at MyBB Mods
Very good plugin bu the blue lkne doesn't exist Angry
Very cool. I might just use this Wink
Saves time when it comes to editing files (downloading, editing, uploading). Great job and really useful!
Very nice idea there Renegade.

Although maybe for future versions allow the creation of new plugins? Such autofilling some information (such as plugin name, version...) from a forum.

Just an idea.
(2008-12-14, 08:52 PM)Giangy94 Wrote: [ -> ]Very good plugin bu the blue lkne doesn't exist Angry

By blue line do you mean the scroll bars?? That's the browser...

I really like the idea of this, however if it was me, and this is really picky, if the option to edit isn't available, I'd have the background in the same colour as the row, not grey, and have n/a or something showing, or just leave it blank. As I said, really picky, but I just think it looks a bit neater Toungue

Otherwise, 10/10.
Thanks everyone! Smile
(2008-12-14, 11:17 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice idea there Renegade.

Although maybe for future versions allow the creation of new plugins? Such autofilling some information (such as plugin name, version...) from a forum.

Just an idea.
I was thinking about that too. It would be a little complicated though.
Why only un-active plugins? And why only plugins? If you make a plugin that can edit PHP files with syntax highlighting even, it'd be a waste to not make it so that it can edit any file. Sometimes you want to edit active plugins. It's not a problem if you know what you're doing, and if you mess up you won't find out until you activate it anyway. On the other hand, having to deactivate a plugin first can cause problems (some plugins like to forget their settings or make other undesireable changes upon deactivation). Some plugins even require you to edit core files. An in Admin CP editor may be useful to some.
is it wants any chmod setting for edit plugins?
if it doestnt need it i give 10/10