MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick login not working and in the message box shorcuts are not visible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi my quick login box is not working properly it's going to a new login page instead of showing the box there itself..... and in my message box the shortcuts are not visible... i.e the font size . text size , image insert link tat whole box has disappeared ....... only an empty box is displayed.......but i'm facing this problem in only one theme t othere themes are working properly....
can anyone help me out in this
Quick edit also not working if i click edit it's directly going to the edit page without asking for the two options.......

this is forum link
Post a test user account please.
From what you're explaining the issue is actually to do with the theme, rather than MyBB itself. The Templates, Theme Sets and Graphics Section might have a thread there that can help you better, if someone else has had the same problem as you...
(2008-12-15, 07:38 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Post a test user account please.

username:test
password:123456789
The theme you're using makes the 'Login' link go to member.php?action=login, the same way as in 1.2.x, so it opens in a new page rather than on the same page. So as Tom said, ask the author in the themes forum and they might be able to implement it. Same for the quick edit and the lack of the editor, the theme hasn't included them. You may be able to look at the default templates and see what code is missing (I can't access my forum now so I can't give any more detail at the moment).
(2008-12-15, 01:04 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]The theme you're using makes the 'Login' link go to member.php?action=login, the same way as in 1.2.x, so it opens in a new page rather than on the same page. So as Tom said, ask the author in the themes forum and they might be able to implement it. Same for the quick edit and the lack of the editor, the theme hasn't included them. You may be able to look at the default templates and see what code is missing (I can't access my forum now so I can't give any more detail at the moment).

but it was working till three days back... think i'm getting this prob lem after upgrading to 1.4.4........ i was using 1.4.3 before....
Would have been useful to have said that to begin with Smile

(2008-11-27, 07:53 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Template changes
Since MyBB 1.4.2 the following templates have had changes to them:
  • showthread_moderationoptions
  • forumbit_depth3
  • member_login
  • search_results_posts_inlinemoderation

* Red represents the template must be updated or reverted to fix security problems

Did you do these?? Not sure if the member_login would be linked but it won't hurt to make sure it's reverted to default.
(2008-12-15, 01:15 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Would have been useful to have said that to begin with Smile

(2008-11-27, 07:53 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Template changes
Since MyBB 1.4.2 the following templates have had changes to them:
  • showthread_moderationoptions
  • forumbit_depth3
  • member_login
  • search_results_posts_inlinemoderation

* Red represents the template must be updated or reverted to fix security problems

Did you do these?? Not sure if the member_login would be linked but it won't hurt to make sure it's reverted to default.

ya i tried it but it's still the same.....
(2008-12-15, 09:02 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]From what you're explaining the issue is actually to do with the theme, rather than MyBB itself. The Templates, Theme Sets and Graphics Section might have a thread there that can help you better, if someone else has had the same problem as you...

hi i found out the reason for the error... in my forum i'm using one javascript enabled menu....
it uses this following script reference
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.2.6/jquery.min.js"></script>

because of this only the quick login and quick edit was not working... can u fin any solution for this so i can use the javascript menu in my forum..????

http://www.freshers360.com/

this is my forum link.. previously i had a drop down menu now i'm just having a normal menu since i removed tat line from the script the drop down feature is not working...