MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too large for php post_max_size directive.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-02-24, 03:12 AM)saintsinner Wrote: [ -> ]that post isnt clear enough. the user says it solved his problem but doesnt mention how.

Why not look up the thread? http://community.mybboard.net/thread-402...#pid270150
Quote:I was doing it folder by folder and figured out that it was the inc/languages folder that was, for some reason, screwing it up

It is probaly something in inc/languages.
which folder is to be chmod on inc/language? and what level?
thanks
Hi all

I had this problem myself & whilst looking for a solution i discovered the fix below & it works flawlessly, i wanted to upload a 25:MB zip file but it kept giving me the error
post_max_size directive every time.

After implementing the instructions below it worked instantly & the issue is resolved for me.

On Your Server Inside YOUR MYBB Forum Folder you need to create a new file called.

( php.ini ) & then input the values you see below

upload_max_filesize = 30M
post_max_size = 30M

Obviously you can set the values to your own requirements.

Finally make sure you save the file as
( us-ascii )

I hope this helps some of you who have had this problem.

William. Smile
(2010-07-22, 09:58 AM)Dirk-Diggler Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all

I had this problem myself & whilst looking for a solution i discovered the fix below & it works flawlessly, i wanted to upload a 25:MB zip file but it kept giving me the error
post_max_size directive every time.

After implementing the instructions below it worked instantly & the issue is resolved for me.

On Your Server Inside YOUR MYBB Forum Folder you need to create a new file called.

( php.ini ) & then input the values you see below

upload_max_filesize = 30M
post_max_size = 30M

Obviously you can set the values to your own requirements.

Finally make sure you save the file as
( us-ascii )

I hope this helps some of you who have had this problem.

William. Smile

That solution would only work depending on your server configuration. If you were running SuPHP then it is a little bit more difficult than that.
Well that's fair enough, but it would have been nice if you had said thanks for the fact that i took the trouble of actually registering in order to try & help.

But no matter, in the future i won't bother.

Will. Smile
Pages: 1 2