MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature in reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever you reply to a post, the "Include signature" box is always left unchecked by default (in quick-reply, and advanced). How can I change that?
It's always ticked for me... but if it isn't for you (can't think why), try and revert your showthread_quickreply template to default. Looking at it, it should be ticked by default.
(2008-12-15, 06:17 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]It's always ticked for me... but if it isn't for you (can't think why), try and revert your showthread_quickreply template to default. Looking at it, it should be ticked by default.

It isn't ticked in my forum, and it isn't ticked in this forum (community.mybboard.net) either. Sad
And did reverting the templates do nothing??

Make sure UCP > Edit Options > Display users' signatures in their posts > is ticked, see if that has any link.
I've taken a look at the template, and here is the relevant code..

<td class="trow1" valign="top" width="22%">
					<strong>{$lang->message}</strong><br />
					<span class="smalltext">{$lang->message_note}<br /><br />
					<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" value="1" {$postoptionschecked['signature']} />&nbsp;<strong>{$lang->signature}</strong></label><br />
					<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[disablesmilies]" value="1" />&nbsp;<strong>{$lang->disable_smilies}</strong></label>{$closeoption}</span>
				</td>

With value="1" on both of these.. shouldn't that mean that I should have BOTH of these ticked by default? Even when I change these to zeroes, they still remain unchecked. I could be wrong, but shouldn't it be value="checked" or something?
Try this:

<label><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="postoptions[signature]" selected="selected" {$postoptionschecked['signature']} />&nbsp;<strong>{$lang->signature}</strong></label>

See what that does.
if you don't have a signature it won't be ticked.
(2008-12-15, 06:52 PM)bombo Wrote: [ -> ]if you don't have a signature it won't be ticked.

Fixed. Big Grin I feel like a total idiot. Thank you though.
Big Grin That didn't occur to me Toungue