MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: permission error on upgrading 1.2 to 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
my curretly forum software version is 1.2.14,
Apache version: 2.2.10 (Unix)
PHP version: 5.2.6
MySQL version: 5.0.67-community

when i run upgrade script on my forum software to 1.4 series (i download 1.4.0 from wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/versions) upgrader says
Error
You do not have permissions to run this process. 

i am superadmin from ../inc/config.php i check it, than i open phpmyadmin for confirm and i saw my usergroup is became 2 ( i am suprised). so i change it to 4 manualy and run upgrader again and it still says
Error
You do not have permissions to run this process. 
than i open phpmyadmin second times and i saw my usergroup still 2. i tried a few times more (via mysql query: UPDATE forumsuz_toor.mybb_users SET usergroup = '4' WHERE mybb_users.uid =1 LIMIT 1 ; and manualy) but nothing changed. but if i dont run upgrade script it is ok. it stay as 4 but when i run it it becomes 2.
(on 1.2.x there isnt any problem i am a superadmin and i am in admin usergroup (gid 4))
do you have any idea for disable cookie check for upgrade or fix this?

regards
I've had this happen before. The key to having a succesful install is to do it right after you login to your forums as an administrator, but right before you run the upgrade script. Not sure how to fix it after it logs you out, though. :/

By the way, is that error in MyBB, or phpMyAdmin? I'm assuming MyBB.
Don't run a manual query, instead, edit the data entry (by using the pencil after you browse the user table). Edit the usergroup this way, then try and login through your forums.

Are you able to login to the forum?... obviously, we'll need to solve this problem first before anything Rolleyes
As I stated before in one of my threads, it seems to be something to do with when an error arises in the process and how cookies are set. It might just be me, but in the testing I've done with upgrading and updating - I've only come across that conclusion.
(2008-12-15, 09:50 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]I've had this happen before. The key to having a succesful install is to do it right after you login to your forums as an administrator, but right before you run the upgrade script. Not sure how to fix it after it logs you out, though. :/

By the way, is that error in MyBB, or phpMyAdmin? I'm assuming MyBB.

it looks like mybb's couse it happens when i run upgrade script. but in stable 1.2 forum phpmyadmin works file. when i run upgrade script it changes my usergroup id to "2" from "4"

(2008-12-15, 10:40 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Don't run a manual query, instead, edit the data entry (by using the pencil after you browse the user table). Edit the usergroup this way, then try and login through your forums.

Are you able to login to the forum?... obviously, we'll need to solve this problem first before anything Rolleyes

i mean manuely and with query (i mean manualy with those pencil thing). and i can login correctly but when i run it changes my gid.

to see the video of this click http://forumsuzca.com/1.swf
(2008-12-16, 08:17 AM)dared Wrote: [ -> ]...i can login correctly but when i run it changes my gid.

Don't run it, we just need to log you in first. When you login to your forums, do you have AdminCP (full) access?... the upgrade script won't change your group, so there must be something else that's doing it...
i can login as admin, http://forumsuzca.com/2.swf
OK - so your usergroup in the database is now 4... correct?

If it isn't, do you have any additional groups / display groups you're apart of?...

Either way, go and edit your user and hit the save button - this will force MyBB to write the query to the database. Backup, then try and upgrade...
yeap my gid is 4 now. i will try to forced one now. i will post again
still same nothing changed. i still cant upgrade
Fixed this error privately, and the board is now running 1.4.4...

Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2