MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation help with 000webhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I've been hosting on 000webhost and I've had some problems Confused.

Anyways, straight to the point; the main problem that I am having is getting to the Installation Wizard of MyBB. Everytime I go to www.mydomain.com/forum/install, for example, it does not bring me up to the Installation Wizard.

I've correctly CHMODED everything, created a place for all the files to correctly go in, and everything else.

Am I typing it in wrong? I installed "Upload" into the directory "forum" that I created. But I am not getting anything.

May someone help me, I would love to have your free boards but how can I if I cannot get to the installation wizard? O_O!! >.<!!

Homepage: www.sdav2.site90.com

Thank you for your time and management!! (=

~Monarch
Are you sure you're using MyBB even?

I went to your site and added "forum" to the end, and it appears redirect to a phpBB installation.

What happens when you do go to /install then? 404? What appears?
I've got it! ^_^ Unless I think I did O_O!

You were right about the redirect, I just fiddled with it for a bit.Great! In my webhost I created a Redirect which redirected what is suppose to be MyBB to PHPBB of another forum that I created that was not MyBB. So that fixes that problem. Thanks!

I put /forum/Upload/install at the end. I had my FTP to make it go to /forum/Upload/install instead of /forum/install.

Thank you so much!!!!
if i were you i wouldnt use 000webhost at all, it gives u alot of errors.
Don't listen to the above poster.

000webhost is fine. I've used them for numerous test websites. But if you plan on making something serious while using them, I'd suggest finding a more reputable host.
To be honest I've heard nothing good about 000webhost, in fact I've heard from a few people now that they often shut down or restart servers to fix problems, so people's sites are down for ages. has this ever happened to you??
I think most of the people are missing the big picture. They provide you with a crap load of features for free.

They have the right to shut sites down forever if they truly please. If you've heard nothing but bad from them then why do they host so many websites? It's just like the media, rarely will you hear the good, but the bad always leaks through.
I'd rather pay a few dollars a month to know the forum will always be up, though. Maybe that's just me, but I think people who are serious about a forum will want to know it will be up as much as possible.
And if you read my post you'd see that I mentioned if you're running something serious, then pay for a reputable host. Wink

But if you're just simply toying around and learning, then what's to loose? You can also back up your DB every 5minutes if you're that scared..
So you did Toungue Thing is a lot of people do host their proper forums there, and there have been people who have lost their content because of the reliability issues.

Anyway, some people have problems, some don't, and I can see why people are attracted to them, their plans are good.
Pages: 1 2