MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Receive email from administrators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I make it so that this isn't optional? I already have a bunch of members that have it unticked, and want to make it ticked for all of them (as well as make it non-optional for new registrants). Help?
Two things to do.

First, go to ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > User Control Panel Templates > usercp_options > find and remove:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="allownotices" id="allownotices" value="1" {$allownoticescheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="allownotices">{$lang->allow_notices}</label></span></td>
</tr>

This will remove the option for them to change it. It should already be ticked for new users.

Second, run this in PHPMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `allownotices` = '1' WHERE `allownotices` = '0'

This will update your current users. Make sure your table prefix, mybb_ here, is correct.

And that's it! Smile
Thank you so much! How do I change the registration template to take out that option as well?
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set** > Member Templates > member_register > find and remove:

<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="allownotices" id="allownotices" value="1" {$allownoticescheck} /></td>
<td valign="top"><span class="smalltext"><label for="allownotices">{$lang->allow_notices}</label></span></td>
</tr>

Smile
Ahh, thank you so much! How do you know all this? Quite the memory, eh?
No problem Smile Well, over time you just remember where things are and the sort of things that need to be removed. I didn't remember that template code though, I copied and pasted that Toungue