MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: pdf files into post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hallo,
i create a new thread and i Add Attachment.
after this i check to "insert the attachment into post" and when i saw the post the image file (the attachment) is into the post.

is it possible with the .pdf files?
i mean that i want to preview those files into the post.
.pdf files aren't images and many browsers except for firefox don't even support them. I doubt you'll have any succes. Only adding as attachment for now.
maybe this is possible with a help of mod/plugin?
(2008-12-16, 08:11 PM)HotPockets Wrote: [ -> ].pdf files aren't images and many browsers except for firefox don't even support them.

Undecided ... if you're back in 1999... Toungue Almost all modern browsers handle the pdf MIME type, and if it they don't, the Operating System will detect it.

PDFs can be created to have thumbnails generated, and so have a nice little image in Windows Explorer / the likes. Although, getting any browser to detect these is almost impossible, and you're talking high-demanding coding.

You can always request a plugin to be made however, over in the Plugins & Code Modification section.
maybe this is possible with MyCode?
I think Tom.M summed it up. To grab a snapshot of the first page of the PDF is a lot of code. I don't think I've ever seen any website do that.
I believe there's a PDF extension for PHP, but I don't know what its capabilities are. Either case, you're not going to grab a screenshot of a PDF's first page with pure PHP.

Anyways, this requires modification, so moved.