MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] MyBB Oh Christmas Tree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: logopk1.gif]
MyBB Oh Christmas Tree v.1 by Lorddonk

Release Notes
This theme is meant to resemble one of the staples of Christmas; the holiday pine tree! This is a dark theme so it requires new icons.

***Sick of editing icons? Want to use one set of images for all your dark and light themes!?
Check out the MyBB Transparency Pack featuring completely transparent images that work with every theme!***

License
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States listed in full, here.

Additional Terms
-You may not modify, remove, cover up, or attempt to hide the author link back to me in the footer.
-You may use this theme for commercial work, but selling of this theme itself is prohibited.

Installation
Instructions can be found in the included README file.

Preview
Click here

Download
(Attached)
MyBB Mods (Coming Soon)
The green tree looks great Smile
Would you consider making the links white, and the black text an easier to read color?

Thank you and Happy Holidays.
To tell you the truth... Yuck. Nothing really goes together. Can't read the text, and the different gradients don't go well together.
(2008-12-17, 11:26 PM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]To tell you the truth... Yuck. Nothing really goes together. Can't read the text, and the different gradients don't go well together.

Agreeing with this.

I think the bar is set rather low for MyBB themes. People need to put more artistic thought into them, rather an applying a bunch of colours and gradients and putting it out.
Adding a tree to the logo/banner on a "green" theme doesn't make it look like a Christmas theme, at least add some more colours like red!
Agreed with the above people are better of making there own christmas header I did it my self and it looks way better.
Well first off, about the logo; I didn't really work on making a logo because most people just use their own. The default logo is usually just a placeholder I make that goes with the theme. As far as I know most boards usually have their own logo etc. and don't have "MyBB" as their forums' header.

As for the color scheme it was taken from kuler.adobe.com and it had many positive comments. The only color I added was black because otherwise there was no color that looked good on the gradient. (white stood out too much) and I didn't add any other colors like red because the concept of this theme is the Christmas tree! I did one other Christmas theme that was more bright and playful but this one was meant to be kind of relaxed.

Thank you for you comments, I'm still learning and I appreciate the constructive feedback, although the "yuck" was a little harsh...
~lorddonk
Quote:Thank you for you comments, I'm still learning and I appreciate the constructive feedback, although the "yuck" was a little harsh...

Unfortunately that's something you'd have to get used to, but also be comforted by the fact that if a theme you created warrants great kudo's, you'd be told about it. Smile

As for it being a concept of a Christmas tree, had you said this in your first post folks may have understood. To be fair, without seeing the Christmas tree in the logo/banner no one would ever have known it was meant to be a Christmas theme, hence my suggestion of adding some red around it.