MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nickelback - Just To Get High
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
the remakes of songs by "The Chipmunks" always make me laugh. but this version has to top them all!

If you didn't know, "Just To Get High", is one of the songs off of Nickelback's newest album, Dark Horse. The lead singer, Chad Kroeger, puts it all out on the line and does an amazing job in vocals for this song - and the re-make just makes me laugh so hard since Kroeger puts so much energy into the normal song that this one sounds like someone who's constipated singing it..tell me what you think!

NOTE: this is NOT my video channel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VI3WopfNKA
nickelback is the worst band ever, quote this if you're down
lol that's funnyWink Name one band that's better besides older-generation bands(Metallica, etc.)
(2008-12-18, 03:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]nickelback is the worst band ever, quote this if you're down

I'm not quoting because I agree. But because I disagree. I'm sorry.. but.. how are they the worst band ever? Rolleyes

About the video: Er, not that funny to me.. It's just like all other chipmunk songs..
(2008-12-18, 03:38 AM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-18, 03:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]nickelback is the worst band ever, quote this if you're down

I'm not quoting because I agree. But because I disagree. I'm sorry.. but.. how are they the worst band ever? Rolleyes

About the video: Er, not that funny to me.. It's just like all other chipmunk songs..
Meh. It sounded funny to me :p I'd like to know how their the worst band ever, too Rolleyes

because every song sounds the same and chad kroeger has to constantly hide his lack of vocal ability behind ridiculous layered vocal effects

in my defense, i posted that before i realized the OP actually liked nickelback
(2008-12-18, 03:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

because every song sounds the same and chad kroeger has to constantly hide his lack of vocal ability behind ridiculous layered vocal effects

in my defense, i posted that before i realized the OP actually liked nickelback
Every song sounds the same? Have you listened to their new album? Apparently not, considering it sounds completely different from All The Right Reasons(their 2005 multi-platinum CD), let alone all their other songs. And Kroeger doesn't hide his "lack" of vocal ability - have you ever been to a live concert? If you have, then you apparently didn't listen well since:p And plus, Kroeger isn't the only one who does vocals - Daniel and Mike do as well. I rest my case Wink
I'm sorry to say but they are just a horrible band. I could sit here and give you names of many many modern bands who are better then Nickelback but I do not want to get into the argument. Nickelback since Kroeger has to use so many vocal effects it doesn't sound real its not good music in that sense. Alot of there songs are encouraging ideas that should not be encouraged and the lyrics are just ghastly boring and have no real meaning to them.
(2008-12-18, 03:54 AM)Mmarzex Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry to say but they are just a horrible band. I could sit here and give you names of many many modern bands who are better then Nickelback but I do not want to get into the argument. Nickelback since Kroeger has to use so many vocal effects it doesn't sound real its not good music in that sense. Alot of there songs are encouraging ideas that should not be encouraged and the lyrics are just ghastly boring and have no real meaning to them.
Okay, don't get me wrong here - I'm not trying to start an argument, more like a discussion. And as far as the songs having no real meaning, let me see you listen to "Never Again" and "Photograph" and tell me there's no meaning. Yes, I am a Nickelback fanatic and I could really just say "disregard" to anyone who disagrees with my beliefs. But anyways, there's so many Nickelback songs that have meaning - Photograph, Just To Get High, Far Away, Never Again, Someday, etc., etc., etc. I don't get how those songs, in your opinion, have no meaning. I can explain it, but I won't considering this post is already long enough:p Ah, what the hell..

Far Away - guy misses girl, guy loves girl, love story..
Photograph - Kroeger goes back to his high school days and recollects on friends, family, his first kiss, and about how his life has changed drastically since then
Just To Get High - someone witnesses their friend doing drugs, finds them in an ally and expresses the raw emotion and how they want them to get over it(Circle in the drain, throw it all way, Just To Get High) through song.

Shall I continue? :p
sorry, i think he meant none of these songs have a meaning that's actually interesting
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11