MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF to Mybb converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-12-20, 09:32 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to help you accomplish this but this is Christmas week. If you can wait about 2 weeks and you still can't get this done yourself I would be willing to assist you.

Your best option is to do the converstion via localhost by using something like XAMPP. You can play around and test everything and once you feel you have it correct you can upload to your server without any real problems. Doing it live on the server is a bit tricky as you have to deal with timeouts and server limitations.

yeah .. I'm having vacation too .. I think it's not the right timing to migrate yet..
maybe after new year I'll try it again ..
thanks
(2008-12-20, 05:42 AM)cybertooth Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the svn .. so far i have not encountered any problems..
Hi...
I think it is stuck in this page saying

Quote:Rebuilding Counters

Rebuilding Thread, Forum, and Stat counters... (This may take a while)

Rebuilding thread counters...

the browser is not refreshing ... is it safe now to refresh?

i think the migrate is not successful ... users are copied into the database but the categories and some posts are not ... i dont know if it's still processing the databse .. but the browser stop refreshing ...

Not really sure what to tell you other then ask your host to up the timeout they have on scripts for the Merge System

Thanks
I was able to convert the smf to mybb 1.2
the only problem is no one can log in
when logging in ..
It says " successfully log in"
but still the user is not logged...
(2008-12-22, 10:58 AM)cybertooth Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to convert the smf to mybb 1.2
when logging in ..

i figure it out..

on my way to 1.4
After converting from smf to mybb 1.2

then I cant upgrade to 1.4

this is the error that occurs

Fatal error: [SQL] [1072] Key column 'longregip' doesn't exist in table
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD INDEX longregip (longregip) in ...inc/db_mysqli.php on line 554

anyone knows how to fix this?
(2008-12-22, 10:58 AM)cybertooth Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to convert the smf to mybb 1.2
when logging in ..
when logging in ..

i figure it out..

on my way to 1.4
After converting from smf to mybb 1.2

then I cant upgrade to 1.4

this is the error that occurs

Fatal error: [SQL] [1072] Key column 'longregip' doesn't exist in table
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD INDEX longregip (longregip) in ...inc/db_mysqli.php on line 554

anyone knows how to fix this?

mybad I made a mistake
Hi,

Im a bit confuse how loginconvert works ... I have successfully converted my smf forum to mybb ... after that I have deleted the convert/ directory and the file loginconvert.php from /inc/plugins/loginconvert.php

and now my members can't login ..
do I need to upload again ng loginconvert.php?
is it really necessary to have that file after the conversion?

thanks for any replies..
Hello,

After the migration ... some of my members have noticed that most of the posts they made before became incomplete ... some sentences or paragraphs were missing .

Is there a way to migrate again from the old posts but this time only the posts and topics from my SMF backup... without affecting the newly posts created in mybb?

pls help thanks
Pages: 1 2