MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF to Mybb converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont know if this is the right category to ask .. kindly move it if it's not.

I have an existing smf forum of average size approximately about 400,000 posts and I just want to know is there is a converter ... I'm planning to use mybb ..

thanks
thanks for the link..

one more question ..

If the coversion is successful will the links that are already in the search engines
be redirected using the 301 redirection to its new link?
(2008-12-18, 05:50 AM)cybertooth Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the link..

one more question ..

If the coversion is successful will the links that are already in the search engines

No, you'll have to create those rules yourself.

Also, please try the SVN Snapshot with a 1.4 board

Ryan
hi again

Where exactly is the download page of the mybb 1.2.14 ... it says there that this is the version needed for the merging of smf 1.1 I cant find it..
(2008-12-19, 12:16 PM)cybertooth Wrote: [ -> ]hi again

Where exactly is the download page of the mybb 1.2.14 ... it says there that this is the version needed for the merging of smf 1.1 I cant find it..

Please use the SVN Snapshot
(2008-12-18, 02:43 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-18, 05:50 AM)cybertooth Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the link..

one more question ..

No, you'll have to create those rules yourself.

Also, please try the SVN Snapshot with a 1.4 board

Ryan

is it safe now to use the 1.4 ?
I think it's a big job to convert from smf to mybb1.2 then to mybb 1.4

the database to convert is a bit big ...

the only reason im converting is smf is not seo friendly ..
and i find mybb clean and seo friendly.

I hope it is safe now to convert directly to 1.4
(2008-12-19, 10:07 PM)cybertooth Wrote: [ -> ]I hope it is safe now to convert directly to 1.4

There's really only one way to find out.

I can essentially promise that it won't screw up your smf database as it only reads from it.
I am using the svn .. so far i have not encountered any problems..
Hi...
I think it is stuck in this page saying

Quote:Rebuilding Counters

Rebuilding Thread, Forum, and Stat counters... (This may take a while)

Rebuilding thread counters...

the browser is not refreshing ... is it safe now to refresh?

i think the migrate is not successful ... users are copied into the database but the categories and some posts are not ... i dont know if it's still processing the databse .. but the browser stop refreshing ...
I would love to help you accomplish this but this is Christmas week. If you can wait about 2 weeks and you still can't get this done yourself I would be willing to assist you.

Your best option is to do the converstion via localhost by using something like XAMPP. You can play around and test everything and once you feel you have it correct you can upload to your server without any real problems. Doing it live on the server is a bit tricky as you have to deal with timeouts and server limitations.
Pages: 1 2