MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: number of Characters in quote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found that many post ask for changing the reply quote style. But anyone please tell me how can I set the number of Characters in quote then follow with " .... "

for example
Quote:I found that many post ask for changing ...

Thank you
Is it I missed the setting in AdminCP?
There isn't anything in the ACP to set this, although chances are you would have to modify the source code.

You'll need to take a look at ./inc/class_parser.php, there's functions in there that parse the quotes from [quote] tags. You can use this...

my_substr($message, start, limit)

...where $message is the string to be cut, start is where to start in the string and limit is where to stop. See the PHP manual on Substr
Hi Tom, sorry for my poor in PHP knowledge and thank you for your guide Smile
(2008-12-22, 09:55 AM)jeffwong Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Tom, sorry for my poor in PHP knowledge and thank you for your guide Smile

Smile

I'm not even sure it's quite possible without a bit of modification, so it might be best just taking the lesser of two evils and leaving it as it is. You could always request a plugin to be made in the Plugins & Code Modifications Section for this to see if anyone can accomplish it...