MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP Permission Problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
UPDATE: This issue has been addressed in MyBB 1.6 - If you are having this issue we recommend you upgrade to 1.6.

There have been a lot of people with the following error in their ACP:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

This is nearly always a problem with mod_security. Basically mod_security doesn't like the way the ACP URLs are set out, and it thinks it's a security threat, so it denies you access.

For some information and possible solutions, you can read the Wiki page on mod_security: [Wiki: Help:Mod_security]

If nothing here works, contact your host provider and ask them to whitelist your domain or hosting account against mod_security - basically so that it doesn't affect you anymore. I have been told by bubka3 that for HostGator you need to ask them to remove mod_security rule 1234396.

If you are still having problems, please post your question in this thread rather than making a new one, as there are multiple threads on this issue already.

Thank you Smile
Ok but how do i fix this problem
What?! This thread tells you what to do to fix it.
1st off, thanks MattR for this topic.

(2008-12-20, 07:10 AM)Biohazard134 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok but how do i fix this problem

I think you should read the topic Big Grin
This doesn't work for me. The whole forum is affected, not just a single page.
And have you followed the instructions?? Asked your host to turn it off??
But I can acces my admin cp just not working some thing. One is Board Setting, no where I found it on my admin cp to set my choice. and **plugin** is not working to activate my plugins.

Can you give me solution for this?

and for **malware**, what can I do to remove it. If possible let me know, how you a malware in my pages? and what is the solution for this?

a new and fresh installation? or...............

Thanks for your co-operation.
(2008-12-22, 01:20 AM)hookyboysb Wrote: [ -> ]This doesn't work for me. The whole forum is affected, not just a single page.

This is more a problem with your htaccess. If you can access your ACP (by going directly to yourforum/admin/, or to wherever if you've moved that directory), then go to Configuration => Server and Optimization Options and switch Enable search engine friendly URLs? to disabled.

You could also delete .htaccess from your forum root, if it is there.
(2008-12-23, 09:01 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-22, 01:20 AM)hookyboysb Wrote: [ -> ]This doesn't work for me. The whole forum is affected, not just a single page.

This is more a problem with your htaccess. If you can access your ACP (by going directly to yourforum/admin/, or to wherever if you've moved that directory), then go to Configuration => Server and Optimization Options and switch Enable search engine friendly URLs? to disabled.

You could also delete .htaccess from your forum root, if it is there.
None of the above or the instructions in http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:Mod_security get anywhere. It is going into a circle when any access in AdminCP gives you the same access error. It won't even allow you to go to the page to enable any options.

I have tried changing the .htaccess as instructed, deleted it, edit php.ini, nothing works.

I wish there is a simple step-by-step instruction instead of sending someone to all these convoluted links that get you nowhere. Or better yet, either include necessary files in the distribution or document it in the installation manual.
Did you contact your host about that issue?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18