MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Year Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Happy New Year Jamie T! You asked for a new year theme and you got it, fireworks and all!

You can find a small collection of themes on my site as well. Just click the siggy and you'll get there.
http://www.skincitydesigns.com

This is an elegant New Year's theme with a touch of whimsy. This theme looks like rich velvet set against the midnight sky. You can also change the icons and logo after new year's and have a lovely elegant theme. I will add some free replacement icons on my site after New Years for this theme should anyone want them.

Can't you just see yourself in the ballroom at the Waldorf Astoria? Smile

My site is new and more stuff is coming in the future.

Included is an editor theme.
Instructions are included. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!

You are free to use this theme for your own site.
Do not redistribute this theme and call it your own. All my graphics are hand made and fall under copyright laws.
Do not chop my theme and use the graphics and distribute them as your own.
You MAY alter the theme to suit your own site's needs.
Please leave my credits at the bottom. It's a small favor to ask in return for the free theme.

If you like my stuff, tell people about my site!

Screenshot:
[attachment=12070]

Download your New Year theme:
[attachment=12071]
Jamie T thats meh haha Big Grin

It looks alrighty, but I think it could be more professional looking.
Pro as in a serious theme, thanks for the effort hope more people will make some themes so I have something to pick from!

` Cheers,

~ Jamie
Jamie T, can you please explain to everyone here how a New Year Theme can possibly look more professional? What part of Goggalor's theme here is not professional? How can a New Year Them look serious?

IMHO I find your reply here above pretty disgusting considering you're asking for a theme that's good for what, two days out of a year! Goggalor spent however long to put the theme together for YOU. and the reply you gave is all the thanks for her/his efforts!!

I sure hope others don't waste their time trying to create such a theme for you, if you want a theme that's more professional looking, then look for professionals to do it, just expect to pay for it!!
(2008-12-19, 03:03 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Jamie T, can you please explain to everyone here how a New Year Theme can possibly look more professional? What part of Goggalor's theme here is not professional? How can a New Year Them look serious?

IMHO I find your reply here above pretty disgusting considering you're asking for a theme that's good for what, two days out of a year! Goggalor spent however long to put the theme together for YOU. and the reply you gave is all the thanks for her/his efforts!!

I sure hope others don't waste their time trying to create such a theme for you, if you want a theme that's more professional looking, then look for professionals to do it, just expect to pay for it!!

Thanks for that but don't be so harsh on the guy. I saw his reply last night and just let it go. He can use it or not. Next time someone wants a theme I will charge for it and I don't come cheap.

This theme is free for everyone to use so that's why I posted it here. If I made it exclusively for Jamie T then trust me, I'd charge him for the theme and I'd be working with him all the way through to make sure he likes it.

You are right though, how can New Year's eve be professional in any way, shape or form? Especially when "professional" people are getting sloppy drunk, puking on the floor and making fools of themselves in front of everyone?

My themes tend to be a bit more bold and graphic than others and some people are just not ready for that kind of artistic interpretation for a forum.
I believe Jamie is a girl.. I think.
Not bad of a theme, I just don't like the gradients you used. I'm sure a lot of people will like this one, if they use it. It IS only 2 day's out of a year... Toungue
Awesome looking theme. Definately going to use it. Big Grin
Saint patricks day is 1 day a year, Thanksgiving is 1 day a year, Valetine is 1 day a year still themes are made for it in my country New Year starts on the 29th of december when shops sell legal fireworks infact the whole December month we set of fireworks illegally infact even I already got some fireworks. Angel

Anyways im just very critical, yah I asked for the the theme and I'm glad he attempted, but I don't like it.

When we think of New Year it should be wine glass, perhaps a bottle that just popped and the top is flying a little bit but you still see it and fireworks pretty palm explosions and flowerballs, not sure if thats the right word we call it oliebollen heres some usefull pictures I guess if it helps.

This are "olliebollen"
[Image: Oliebollen.jpg]

[Image: nieuwjaar(1).jpg]

[Image: nieuwjaar.jpg]

[Image: Nieuwjaar-in-Las-Vegas.jpg]

[Image: nieuwjaar.jpg]

[Image: Hongkong1.jpg]

[Image: wineglasses.JPG]

[Image: Vuurpijl_3x.gif]

Well hope that helps, sorry but I appreciated your attempt however I don't find that it looks good and with proffesional I mean a more serious board theme with a nice header and bulletins which makes it a nice New Year theme.

`Cheers,

~ Jamie