MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: couple of questions.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not typical questions either ..

Ok, at the bottom of the forum, when you are viewing a specific forum you are shown icons for New Posts, No New Posts, etc...

The one I want to understand is "Hot Thread (new)"

What triggers this icon to be used?... Is it any new thread, a popular thread based on x amount of views or posts?... I just want to understand that... Also, can I change this trigger, and where would I change it?...

Next one...
For a sticky post the threads are separated with "Important Threads" and "Normal Threads"... How can I chance the text there (E.g. Stickied Threads, All Threads) or possibly insert an image in place of the text?...

That's it for the moment...
Thanks!...
Are you kidding me? I just spent a good 5 minutes replying to your previous thread, and you go and delete it?

Please don't delete your thread this time while I put the reply together, again.
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Forum Display Options There are two options for the Hot Topic feature.

inc/languages/english/forumdisplay.lang.php
$l['sticky_threads'] = "Important Threads";
$l['normal_threads'] = "Normal Threads";
Should be at around line #70.

Do not edit the language file in Notepad. Use Notepad++ or Wordpad. Just not notepad. It will cause errors.
I apologize... I realized I had posted it in the wrong forum so I moved it. Was not expecting a swift response...

Thanks bud!...
No worries. It was quicker to put together the second time around. Big Grin
I always prefer to CHMOD the language files to 666 and edit them in ACP > Configuration > Languages > Options > Edit Language Variables > forumdisplay.lang.php > Edit.