MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] "Replies" error..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you view the "Subscribed Threads" in the user control panel - and find a thread that will say "0" for replies. But if you click the 0, it will show one post. Isn't this a bug considering it shows 1 post but the replies are 0.
A reply is a post after the original thread post.
Yeah, but it shows the original post in the box when you click the 'replies'. Shouldn't it not?
Replies are things that are said in response to something.

So, this very post is a response (reply). Your post is not a "reply". It's the start of the thread. But it is still a post..

Kind of confusing I know, I hope you understand though.
(2008-12-19, 04:24 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but it shows the original post in the box when you click the 'replies'. Shouldn't it not?

Because it's all apart of one thread. It would be even more confusing if we started slicing up threads just because someone clicked the link to the thread that said Replies 0 and the first post magically disappeared.
That's confusing, but I suppose I get it. But still, shouldn't it show it as one then if you're going to show the main post?
We'd have to change "Replies" to posts then. And I think having the ability to have 0 showing is more beneficial.

It's trivial really.
Okay, I just figured I'd ask to cure my wondering mind :p
Clicking that number shows who posted in the thread. So when you first post it, there's one post, and no replies.
Okay, I understand now. Then the label makes no sense, but oh well :p
Pages: 1 2