MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WHMCS Bridge & Disabled Registration Redirect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WHMCS is a very powerful webhosting management system used by a wide number of webhosts. It encompasses the support and billing aspects of webhosting as well as a simple CRM. I would like the ability to extend to my customers a customer/member forum so that when they sign up or have an account created in WHMCS they get a complimentary forum account also.

I understand that this will obviously be a one way sync with WHMCS being the primary database and that the already present ability to disable registrations would have to be turned on in MyBB to compliment this feature.

#1 Disabled Registration Redirect

Possibly being able to modify the message on the register page or being able to redirect the register page to another URL for boards with the registration turned off?

#2 WHMCS Bridge & More Potential Later

As for the WHMCS hack; it would be very simple for someone that knows PHP (obviously I don't which is why I'm asking!). I am going to attach the actionhooks.php file which shows the variables and hooks pulled through WHMCS in a very user friendly format.

What I would like is just a standard registration by putting username and/or password into database. There is also the ability to sync back with MyBB when a client updates their account.

If that isn't quite possible. What about a PHP/MySQL script for example; you login to WHMCS and click a get forum account link for example and it allows you to register it through there and update it through there also?

Not now; but perhaps later this extends the ability for a full plugin for WHMCS expanding on product based user groups and permissions and possible use of the Site Plugin for a complete webhosting solution?

This would of course all be released to both this and the WHMCS community. It could potentially expand the userbase of both software. I do feel a little guilty though asking for something without giving something back. Would it be inappropriate/against forum policy to offer the person responsible for this a free domain or a years free hosting or even a small Christmas Amazon Gift Certificate? If that is inappropriate I apologize; not trying to be a problem just trying to show appreciation for the hard work!

Thanks,

Corey Martin
MyCommon.net
bump!