MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: html code for redirectin user after loggin in..??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi can anyone tell me wat's the html code for redirecting user after loggin in to the page he came from..??

ie: $redirect_url = htmlentities($mybb->input['url']);

wat's the html version for this line..???Huh
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="http://www.domain.com" />

You can put this piece of code in a custom form, and it will redirect to wherever you point to in "value"...
(2008-12-19, 04:47 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="http://www.domain.com" />

You can put this piece of code in a custom form, and it will redirect to wherever you point to in "value"...

but this doesn't redirect the user to where e came from does it???? it just redirects to a link mentioned there????

i want to give a txt link so tat if the user clicks there e will be redirected to the page from where e came from...???

<a href=" ">click here to return</a> so tat if the user clicks there he'll return to the previous page.....
It already does take them back to where they were when they login..... just now I logged out, came to this thread, logged in, and it loaded this thread again.
(2008-12-19, 05:04 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]It already does take them back to where they were when they login..... just now I logged out, came to this thread, logged in, and it loaded this thread again.

no the default board does this correctly... but i redirected the users after registering to a new page to invite their friends using an e mail inviter so i want to redirect them after tat to the page from where they came from.???
So after they've invited people, you want them to be redirected back to the page they were at before they registered??

I may be wrong but I think that will be extremely hard to do, if it's even possible. Why not just send them back to the index...??
(2008-12-19, 05:22 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]So after they've invited people, you want them to be redirected back to the page they were at before they registered??

I may be wrong but I think that will be extremely hard to do, if it's even possible. Why not just send them back to the index...??

ya at present i'm doing tat only.. just in case if a user want's to register while searching some where in the middle of the forum then he'll have some problems finding the thread again.....