MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: During Install - install/index.php goes blank/white
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So this is my third or fourth time installing MyBB. I've successfully had it up on a few of my websites and I love it! I've managed to sort through most of the problems myself, but this one is stumping me..

After I put in the DB info and click Next the page after that is just blank. (The URL looks like this "http://www.forums.gamefuel.ca/install/index.php)

I've looked through the forums and I've seen that editing the php.ini file with open_basedir=.;..;sys;/tmp should work... However, I've never had experience with the php.ini file. I contacted my host and they told me I could make the php.ini file myself. So I made it in the root directory and put that line in there.

I'm not sure if that's the proper way to do it.

Help is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Bradley Traill
Well, I don't know how to fix the problem but you can bypass the installation if you're interested.

Below, is a zip package with a sample config.php file and an empty database, the same as what is created by the installer.
[attachment=12090]

Upload the .sql file to your database. The forum admin account username is 'Admin' and the password is 'password'.

Then, delete the current ./inc/config.php file, upload config.sample.php and rename it to config.php. Then edit in your database details.

Open ./inc/settings.php and edit the board URL and cookie settings, then log in and go to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration and make these changes again.

Now, you should be in the same postition as if you'd run the installer.

Obviously this is not not the best solution to this problem but at least you'll be able to get going Smile
Thanks, I'll try that now.
Odd
----

Took the exact .sql in the package and went to import it into an empty DB and got this:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at line 13
Anyone else have any suggestions since the MySQL DB won't properly import?
What version of MySQL does your host run?
Either 4.0 or 5.0. I believe the one I chose is 4.0. Should I re-do it on 5.0?
I suggest running 5.0
Okay, thank you; I will try that.
That fixed it.

Thank you.