MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need serious help with forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to integrate a few things into my forums. The problem is I keep running into big brick walls face first every time I attempt to find the information I need to move forward.

I am looking for some help and am willing to compensate someone who can help me.

I can provide samples and information in reguards to what I would like to do as well as access to my forum. I have no idea how to complete the tasks I am trying to complete, but my forum is up and working I just need these few things sorted out so I can complete the system.
Well if you tell us what it is you're having problems with.....
I need to create the following: These are specific to various areas of my forum and will not be in all of the threads.

1. Action buttons within a reply (form button) *see ex0.gif This button also sends a PM to the recipient once clicked.
2. Extra fields in new specific new threads. This needs to be a text field identical to and under the thread subject field. *see ex1.gif
3. A form field in the first thread allowing the user to do several actions. *see ex2.gif
4. I would like if possible for members to be able to close their threads. I am using a plugin right now (myquestion) and it could work if I can set the verbage to read "close thread".
5. I need to incorporate a system which tracks variable criteria for members similar to post tracking. It needs to be a part of the members profile but cannot be changed by the member. Is there a way to make a BOT to do this?

I have more I need to do, but these are my major obstacles right now and are of major importance. I know these work because I have found similar examples on other forums.

URL: www.allinstaker.com

{Attachments removed - Tom.M}

Just a side note about ex1.gif and ex2.gif

ex1 is the top of the new thread and incorporates into ex2 once the thread has been posted.

Also I have 2 areas of my forums which these custom new threads need to be implemented. The mods cannot affect the general threads they must stay in the natural format.
Matt,
I went to your website, I would like to integrate my forums like yours with feeders from the forums on the side as well as various other plugins you have integrated.
does anyone know how to impliment these? I am so stuck it isn't even funny
(2008-12-19, 11:01 PM)bruuno Wrote: [ -> ]Matt,
I went to your website, I would like to integrate my forums like yours with feeders from the forums on the side as well as various other plugins you have integrated.

I use labrocca's MySideBoxes from mybbcentral.com
(2008-12-22, 07:37 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-19, 11:01 PM)bruuno Wrote: [ -> ]Matt,

I use labrocca's MySideBoxes from mybbcentral.com

any idea about the attachments? I have tried a couple things and all I can think is that it would be a excel spreadsheet, but I'm not sure how to make it work.
It's a little past our scope of support, but you could always take your discussion to the Plugins and Code Modification Section to get help on how to edit the source code, and implement your ideas.
(2008-12-19, 11:01 PM)bruuno Wrote: [ -> ]1. Action buttons within a reply (form button) *see ex0.gif This button also sends a PM to the recipient once clicked.

Do you just want a button that will send you to a link? That would just be a simple template change. What "action" do you want to happen?
(2008-12-23, 02:43 PM)terrymason Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-19, 11:01 PM)bruuno Wrote: [ -> ]1. Action buttons within a reply (form button) *see ex0.gif This button also sends a PM to the recipient once clicked.

Do you just want a button that will send you to a link? That would just be a simple template change. What "action" do you want to happen?

The button would be like a submit button, the action would go to a custom page if that makes sense at all.
Please can you remove the screenshot images of my forum and its customized coding from this thread please.