MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Can View Threads within forum" automatically disabled?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well every time I uncheck the "Use Group Default" for permissions in any forum, it automatically unchecks "Can View Threads within forum"! It's very annoying... any idea on how I can make it check it by default? I'm using MyBB 1.4.4. It's annoying because right now my domain is currently propagating so it's really slow when I'm setting permissions because I need to go to EVERY forum and every permission group to edit it. I can't just have the user group inherit permissions from the parent forum because the child forums have different permissions than each other.

I'm new to MyBB and so far I am liking this software except for this problem =/ And yes, each group is already set to view threads in the Users & Groups setting.

Basically whenever the column labeled "Control" in the permissions table says "Edit Permissions" is when "Can View Threads within forum" is unchecked.
I've noticed that too, I find it a bit annoying. You do mean the 'Can View Threads within forum' setting you see after you click Edit Permissions/Set Permissions, right??
(2008-12-20, 10:20 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed that too, I find it a bit annoying. You do mean the 'Can View Threads within forum' setting you see after you click Edit Permissions/Set Permissions, right??

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I've noticed that it normally happens when the setting says "Edit Permissions".
We're looking to improve the quick permissions editor in future versions