MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't stay logged in as admin....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(RESOLVED) "Also make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666." Speak of the devil...

All right. So this one's a strange one.

When I try logging into the ACP I can view everything fine, but once I try to submit a page, or go to a different page, I'm brought to the ACP login screen again. I re-login, but any changes I've made have no effect... Same as on the index. I can login, and it shows me the "You've been logged in successfully" redirect but then shoots me back to the index logged out again. Also, while logged in, I cannot view the registered account I created.

I created a new account from the index and it seems everything is fine. I received the activation email, and it stays logged in. I can view the forum normally.

What could be the issue here?... This is a brand new install.

Any advice would be great!... Thanks!
At least you saw what to do in the sticky at some point then Wink

I wonder how you managed to install without having ./inc/settings.php CHMOD to 666 though... if it isn't CHMOD to 666 on the requirements check, the installer won't continue...
Ya weird... It was set to 664. Normally I have to run through a few CHMODs when doing an install, but not in this case...

But anyway... FALSE ALARM!.... Grrr...

I can stay logged into the ACP now... but it won't log me onto the forum itself... It shows me as logged out... Though, should I go to site.com/forum/admin I'm taken right back to the ACP and it works normally.

Ok.... works in Chrome, but not Firefox... will do further investigation Wink
Go to ACP > Configuration > General Configuration and check the cookie settings are correct. Even if they are, click Save. Then if you can't login on the forums, clear your cookies, close your browser, and then try again.
Damnit.. Ok, I THOUGHT it was working in Chrome but no, it isn't. I had the other exact forum loaded there rofl... I'm moving it from my free host to my paid host with lunarpages... Glad I noticed the URL this time... a little misleading.

Anyway... nothing fixed yet... Attempted it in Chrome, FF, Opera, Avant... all not working.

Are there any other settings dealing with cookies? The path in the config is correct and the CHMOD is correct... I'm having a feeling this will be an issue with my hosting plan (brand spanking new) I've never encountered this issue with more than 10 installs of it... but don't understand why it would...
Ok, what's your URL??
- hidden -
Remove the .www from the start of the cookie domain.
Ok.. that did it...

I tried that already though... Hopefully it will stay this way...

Thanks for the assistance Matt..

Oh, and to clarify I did have to edit the settings file manually. It wouldn't update via the ACP.
Well, if you do that in ./inc/settings.php make sure you change them in the ACP after too.
Pages: 1 2