MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply Problem (1.4.4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a problem with Quick Reply for 1.4.4 MyBB. When I post with the quick reply it posts but then refreshes the page and just freezes. They only way to get back is if you delete the number at the end that looks like
http://example/example.php?fid=82#182#182 it post the number 2 times so I delete the last #182 and it refreshes and the post is there. I am uploading a video atm if you dont understand what I'm saying so I will post the youtube video as soon as possible. Thanks.

EDIT: I have the video up but It might still be processing. The link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbMYjTpcXk
try another browser, or re-upload file showthread.php
or revert template to the original from
Show Thread Templates - showthread
Show Thread Templates - showthread_quickreply
It happens on all the themes for me and I use mozilla firefox but another guy who uses the site It does'nt happen to and he uses the same browser...
Maybe its something wrong with my computer like I don't have flash or something? But I can watch youtube and ads can pop up and on this website it works.
This never happens to me and I only use quick reply, unless I'm posting an attachment.
Do you have Javascript enabled?
The only issue I'm seeing with Quick Reply in 1.4.4 is that it hangs forever when the Quick Reply has to start a new page in the thread.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new thread
2) Use Quick Reply 10 times on the thread without reloading the whole page. (If your pagination is set to 10).
3) On the 10th Quick Reply it hangs for ever, showing the blue circling animated gif logo.
If you hit reload in your browser the posting is there as it's supposed to be

Now why would anyone use Quick Reply more than once without reloading?

I sometimes want to make two replies in one thread as separate postings, because the first post replies to person A and the second post replies to person B. Or for very long posts (link collection in a thread) where you have to split the postings due to posting size limit.
That was actually fixed in 1.4.4 unless I'm mistaken...
Yes, I know that issue was fixed. However it still happens to me when Quick Reply is used more than once in succession.
Can't reproduce that. I just made 20 replies to a thread using quick reply both here and on my localhost and it created a new page every time a new page had to be created, didn't stall once.
(2008-12-21, 02:09 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]The only issue I'm seeing with Quick Reply in 1.4.4 is that it hangs forever when the Quick Reply has to start a new page in the thread.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new thread
2) Use Quick Reply 10 times on the thread without reloading the whole page. (If your pagination is set to 10).
3) On the 10th Quick Reply it hangs for ever, showing the blue circling animated gif logo.
If you hit reload in your browser the posting is there as it's supposed to be

Now why would anyone use Quick Reply more than once without reloading?

I sometimes want to make two replies in one thread as separate postings, because the first post replies to person A and the second post replies to person B. Or for very long posts (link collection in a thread) where you have to split the postings due to posting size limit.

You still have an old version of inc/functions.php
Pages: 1 2