MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Contact Us link shows homepage and email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The "Contact Us" link in the bottom left of my forum shows:

http://my website.com/myemail@my email.com when you hover over it. (using example, not real link addresses).
Naturally when you click the link, it goes to a 404 not found page.

Trying to get it to show just: myemail@my email.com

It opens Outlook Express on mine, or your default mail program if you have one. (Why is mine that piece of crap outlook express? Because i just had to reformat my computer for the 5th time this month, and haven't installed anything else </offtopic>)
Go to your ACP > Configuration > Board Settings, then tell us what you have in the text box for "Contact Us Link"
At the very bottom, it has in the box called Value:

(my email address)

I added the term mailto:myemail@my email.com and it is working. Thanks RenegadeFan
By default the 'Contact Us Link' in ACP > Configuration > General Configuration is mailto:[email protected]... is this how yours is??
I just checked Matt, it does say mailto now in the Board Settings > General Configuration....not sure why it wasn't there before.

I just checked another website of mine where I use MyBB too, and it is there and working correctly, so maybe I just deleted the mailto by mistake in the Contact Us Link box on this website.