MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board settings page error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My board settings page shows each line twice - I am running the latest version 1.4.4 (1404).

Thank you.
Did you upgrade, or did you do a fresh install?

Where those settings are in the ACP, there's a little tab just above it called "Modify Settings". Simply go here, and then next to each duplicated setting, click on "options" => "Delete Setting".

Remove the second setting in each case. Also, remember to make a backup of your database and files before making this change, just in case things go a little bit wrong...
Big Grin Not 2 days after I unstick the thread about double settings, someone has them again! Toungue Dear me.

But yeah, follw Tom's advice and delete the settings groups, and if you have problems, I'll dig up the thread with a file in it. Make sure you make that backup, too.
(2008-12-21, 11:45 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Big Grin Not 2 days after I unstick the thread about double settings, someone has them again! Toungue Dear me.

But yeah, follw Tom's advice and delete the settings groups, and if you have problems, I'll dig up the thread with a file in it. Make sure you make that backup, too.

I am sorry to be a pain here Rolleyes

Well I went to the page you mention and like you say there are buttons "Options" but I cannot click on these and down in the bottom left corner is an "Error" message with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark. I have just posted another message about my "Edit" post button also not working, is the same please.
*shakes fist* Toungue

chatbox, this is the thread telling you how you can get rid of the doubles, including a PHP file: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38018.html
THank you for that, I will try this, but I am concerned that my buttons do not work, like my "Edit" posts button and my "Options" button my "Views" button on the "Users & Groups" page etc. Please will someone help, as there seems to be a problem with my forum. Thank you
Also, I did not upgrade this is a first install of version 1.4.4
Try and clear the cache to make the buttons work, that worked for me the other day on my test forum when it happened to me.
I have cleared my cache and this has not helped - any more help here please