MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Internal Error (40)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum always used to work, but suddenly, without warning, it came up with this error:

[attachment=12110]

(MyBB Internal Error

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.)

I have spoken to my host and they seem to think there is a bug with mybb.

Details:
Version: 1.4.4 or 1.4.3 i think it is 1.4.4
URL: http://joe.jckd.co.uk/sitecp/forums/
Browser: happens in IE, Firefox, Chrome.

I can't get any other details because i can't access any page at all on the forums, or any directory.

It could be something to do with the SQL, because the exact same thing has happened to all mybb forums that we host (about 10). I think our host disabled mySQLI... is this a problem?

Is there an update or patch or something?
Open ./inc/config.php and make sure you database type is correct.

It's not a bug... :|

A common error is having mysql instead of mysqli or vice versa.
Hi,

That specific error means that MyBB can't load the required MySQL extension. This may be because your web-host has removed it from your server.

However, you could try the following:

1) If you login to your ftp account and navigate to the folder "inc" and then find the file called "config.php"
2) Download that file to your computer and then open it in a text editor such as Notepad++.
3) With the file opened up, find the following line:

$config['database']['type']

If it matches the following:
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';

replace it with:
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';

OR

if it matches the following:

replace it with:

4) Save the file and then re-upload it, replacing the existing config.php file that is on your server.

If the above doesn't work, you will need to contact your web-host, quoting the error MyBB returned in order to resolve it.

Regards,
Chris.
(2008-12-21, 01:06 PM)Chris Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

That specific error means that MyBB can't load the required MySQL extension. This may be because your web-host has removed it from your server.

However, you could try the following:

1) If you login to your ftp account and navigate to the folder "inc" and then find the file called "config.php"
2) Download that file to your computer and then open it in a text editor such as Notepad++.
3) With the file opened up, find the following line:

$config['database']['type']

If it matches the following:

replace it with:

OR

if it matches the following:

replace it with:

4) Save the file and then re-upload it, replacing the existing config.php file that is on your server.

If the above doesn't work, you will need to contact your web-host, quoting the error MyBB returned in order to resolve it.

Regards,
Chris.

Ok thanks,

I wasn't sure about wheter it was a bug or not.

thanks again Smile

Magicstuff
hey i got the bug as well.

whats wrong =/?
Have you read the posts above...??
(2008-12-23, 04:31 PM)xiaozhu Wrote: [ -> ]hey i got the bug as well.

whats wrong =/?

If it is exactly the same as what i had, it is because your host either disabled mysql or mysqli support on your server. You can fix it by going to your forum directory, '/inc/config.php' and doing what the guys above said.

Mine is now fixed, i had a word with my host and they had disabled mysqli support lol.
It seems some hosts just seem to change their MySQL and don't think to tell anybody...